Wykorzystanie marki do kreowania wartości w bankach
Use of Brand Name to Create Value at Banks
Zwrócono uwagę na wzrost zainteresowania ze strony instytucji finansowych problemami dotyczącymi budowy marek i zarządzania nimi. Omówiono takie zagadnienia jak: tworzenie wartości przez markę, wykorzystanie marek w sektorze finansowym, budowanie marki.
The use of a strong brand name is one of the most effective means of obtaining and maintaining a competitive advantage by a company. This advantage leads to a higher rate of return on capital invested in an undertaking. For this reason a strong brand name very frequently constitutes the most valuable strategic resource of a company. Despite the benefits for companies having strong brand names, as regards the banking - and more broadly speaking - financial sector, brand name management has been undervalued until recently. Majority of the bankers considered the brand name solely as a company ID and not as a tool that may have a significant impact on the improvement of its results. Many financial institutions, including Polish ones, have increased their activities in the field of promotional efforts focused on brand name in recent years. However, in most cases the initiatives come down to advertising of the product offer and communicating the visual elements of the brand name. Meanwhile, a brand name is a multi-dimensional structure. It combines functional and emotional values sought by consumers. The process of building brand is complex and long-term, involving more than just advertising efforts. The article explains how the brand name creates value for an organization and its customers and presents recommended steps that should be taken to create a strong brand name for a financial institution. (original abstract)
- E. Almquist, N. Winter (1998): Building Powerfu Brands for Profitable Growth in Financial Services. A Mercer commentary, www.mercermc.com
- E. Almquist, A. Pierce, C. Paiva (2001): The Value Growth Agenda. Mercer Management Journal, No.13.
- D. Daniluk (1996): Nadzór bankowy w Polsce. Warszawa Biblioteka Menadżera i Bankowca.
- L. deChernatony, F. Harris (2002): The challenge of financial services branding: majoring on category or brand values. Open University Business School, www3.open.ac.uk/oub
- T.H. Donaldson, (1992): The Treatment of Intangibles: A Banker's View. New York St. Martin's Press.
- Interbrand (2001): Bank on the Brand. Interbrand Business Papers nr 1, www.brandchannel.com.
- Interbrand World's Valuable Brands 2003.
- A. Leifer, P. Simpson, M. Wilkinson (2002): Brands and Customer Values. www.sias.org.uk/papers/brands
- S. Root (2003): Branding for Banks. UBS News for Banks IV/2003.