W poszukiwaniu efektywnego modelu globalnej współpracy na rzecz rozwoju
In search of an effective model of global development co-operation
Przedstawiono model i podstawowe zasady efektywnej współpracy rozwojowej. Omówiono trudności związane z wdrożeniem efektywnej współpracy rozwojowej.
As a result of major changes on the international scene in the 1990, the adoption of Millennium Declaration and the formulation of Millennium Development Goals, the new consensus on how to tackle the problems of world poverty and development inequalities is emerging. It is based on a principle of division of labour between developing and developed countries. The developing countries of Africa, Asia or Latin America are committed to elaborate democratically their own vision of social and economic development and present it in the form of the Poverty Reduction Strategy Papers (PRSPs). At the same time, developed countries commit themselves to provide the appropriate and stable quantity of development assistance adequate to the needs and priorities of developing countries. Their objective is to channel aid in accordance with the procedures and through the systems of the recipients, to harmonize the aid delivery mechanisms and to ensure that other policies (commercial, agricultural) do not limit the positive effects of development assistance. The problems with implementing aforementioned model of effective development co-operation are linked to the internal problems of developing countries such as lack of democracy, weak institutions, corruption, and conflicts, and - in some cases - the implosion of state structures. The developed countries have problems with implementing it as well, especially because they tend to provide foreign aid according to national political and geostrategic interests and to tie aid with commercial interests. The problems stem also from a diversity of development assistance programmes of different OECD countries, that makes the coordination of aid activities difficult. Ensuring policy coherence for development remains a challenge for many industrialized countries as well. (original abstract)
- Chair's summary: Senior Level Forum on Development Effectiveness in Fragile States, London, 13-14 January 2005, OECD, Paris 2005.
- H. Chang, A.M. Fell, M. Laird, J. Seif, A Comparison of Management Systems for Development Co-operation in OECD/DAC Members, OECD, Paris 1999.
- Development Co-operation Report, OECD, Paris 2003.
- Development Co-operation Report, OECD, Paris 2004.
- Harmonisation, Alignment, Results: Report on Progress, Challenges and Opportunities. Joint Progress Towards Enhanced Aid Effectiveness, Paris High Level Forum, February 28 - March 2,2005, s. 16.
- Harmonising Donor Practices for Effective Aid Delivery. Vol. 2: Budget Support, Sector Wide Approaches and Capacity Development in Public Financial Management. DAC Guidelines and Reference Series, OECD, Paris 2005, s. 11, 20-21, 44.
- http:// www.millenniumgoals.org.
- Investing in Development. A Practical Plan to Achieve the Millennium Development Goals. Overview, UNDP, New York 2005, s. 55-58.
- Is it ODA? (Note by the Secretariat), OECD, Paris 2001.
- Managing Aid: Practices of DAC Member Countries, OECD, Paris 2004.
- The Millennium Development Goals Report 2005, United Nations, New York 2005, s. 39.
- Our Common Interest. Report of the Commission for Africa, London 2005.
- Overview of Poverty Reduction Strategies, http://www.worldbank.org/ poverty/strategies/overview.htm.
- Paris Declaration on Aid Effectiveness. Ownership, Harmonisation, Alignment, Results and Mutual Accountability. Paris High Level Forum, February 28 - March 2, 2005.
- Policy coherence: Vital for global development, OECD Policy Brief, "OECD Observer" July 2003.
- Policy Coherence in Development Co-operation, ed. J. Forster, O. Stokke, EADI, Book Series 22, London 1999.
- Policy Coherence for Development. Promoting institutional good practice, OECD, Paris 2005.
- Policy Coherence for Development in a Global Economy, OECD, Paris 2005.
- Recommandation du CAD sur le déliement de l'aide publique au développement aux pays les moins avancés, 25 avril 2001, OCDE, Paris 2001.
- Rome Declaration on Harmonization, February 25, 2003.
- Simulation of ODA prospects for 2006 and 2010, OECD, Paris 2005.
- Survey on Harmonisation and Alignment. Measuring Aid Harmonisation and Alignment in 14 Partner Countries, OECD, Paris 2005, s. 9.
- United Nations Millennium Declaration. Resolution adopted by the General Assembly. A/res/55/2. http://www.un.org/millennium/declaration/ares552e.htm.