Taking Advantage from the EU Financial Services Action Plan - Recommendations for the Polish Stock Market
After the entry of Poland to the European Union the new legislative environment based on the Financial Services Action Plan brings powerful opportunities to the Polish stock market and its participants. For taking full advantage of them, the Warsaw Stock Exchange must engage fully in the integration process. It is also extremely important to develop and implement policies that act at the macro-economic level to stimulate positive functioning of the capital markets in Poland. On the other hand, Polish companies need to start preparing for the strategic implications of a more integrated financial services market. They will need to ensure their business practices and systems are compliant with the new rules. (original abstract)
- Asgeirsson Hallgrimur, Integration of European Securities Markets. "Monetary Bulletin" 2004/2, 50-59.
- Directive 2003/6/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 28 January 2003 on insider dealing and market manipulation (market abuse), OJ L96, 12.04.2003.
- Directive 2003/71/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 4 November 2003 on the prospectus to be published when securities are offered to the public or admitted to trading and amending Directive 2001/34/EC, OJ L345, 31.12.2003.
- Directive 2004/109/EC of the European Parliament and Council of 15 December 2004 on the harmonization of transparency requirements in relation about issuers whose securities are admitted to trading on a regulated market and amending Directive 2001/34/EC, OJ L390/38, 31.12.2004.
- Directive 2004/39/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 21 April 2004 on markets in financial instruments amending Council Directives 85/611/EEC and 93/6/EEC and Directive 2000/12/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council and repealing Council Directive 93/22/EEC, OJ L145, 30.04.2004.
- Final Report of the Committee of Wise Men on the Regulation of European Securities Markets, 15 February, 2001.
- Financial Services: Building a Framework for Action, Communication of the Commission, COM (1998) 625.
- Financial Services: Implementing the Framework for Financial Markets: Action Plan. Communication of the Commission, COM (1999) 232.
- McCreevy Ch., Assessment of the Integration of the Single Market for Financial Services by Commission. CESR, 6.12.2004r.
- Nawrot, W., Emisja akcji w Polsce w nowej europejskiej perspektywie. Jednolity rynek papierów wartościowych Unii Europejskiej. Wyd. CeDeWu, Warszawa, 2006.
- Presidency Conclusions, Lisbon European Council 23 and 24 March 2000.
- Regulation of European Securities Markets - Terms of Reference for the Committee of Wise Men, ECOFIN Council Outcome of Proceedings, 17 July 2000.
- Strategia rozwoju rynku kapitałowego [Growth strategy of the capitol market], "Agenda Warsaw City 2010", Ministerstwo Finansów [Ministry of Finance], kwiecień 2004.
- The Application of the Lamfalussy Process to EU Securities Markets to EU Securities Markets Legislation. A Preliminary Assessment by the Commission Services. Commission Staff Working Document SEC (2004) 1459, 15.11.2004.
- Von Wogau Karl, Report on Implementation of Financial Services Legislation nr 2001/2247(INI), 23 january 2002, European Parliament Session Document.