Optimization of Workplace Design for People with Alternative Abilities
An employer who wants to employ a person with alternative disturbances faces a difficult problem of selecting a workstation and tasks suitable to a given person's disease since even the same case of disease does not guarantee identical organizational solutions of a workstation. However the more complex the movement disfunction, the more difficult the task is. At the same time it is important that work results of a workstation allow achieving complex productivity. The article presents an attempt at elaborating a method aided by a computer system which allows introducing changes or modifications of workstation space, place equipment and facilities or installing additional elements enabling effective and productive work performance by a person with precisely defined abilities. Presented results of piloting researches have proven that the elaborated method of aiding decisions while adapting workstations to needs and abilities of people with movement disfunction will bring social and economic benefits. (original abstract)
- Barczyński A. - Companies of Work Protection in the Polish System of Professional Rehabilitation of Disabled People. KIG-R, Warszawa 2001.
- Barczyński A. - Cost of employment of people with alternative abilities. KIG-R, Warszawa 2008.
- Economic Activity of Poland's People I quarter 2007. Main Statistical Office, Warsaw 2007.
- Górska E. (ed.) - Projektowanie stanowisk pracy dla osób niepełnosprawnych. OWPW, wyd. II, Warszawa 2007.
- Górska E. - Analysis of Work Tasks for Recruiting Employees with Limb Impairment, Systems [in] Social and Internationalization Design Aspects of Human - Computer Interaction (Smith M. J., Salvendy G. ed.), Lawrence Erlbaum Associates Publishers, Mahwah-London 2001, pp. 405-409.
- Heath Condition and Needs of Disabled People in Poland in 2002. Main Statistical Office, Warsaw 2003.
- International Classification of Impairments, Activities and Participation. A Manual of Disablement and Functioning. BETA-1 DRAFT FOR FIELD TRIALS. World Health Organization, Geneva 1997.
- Kaplan S. N., Mitchell M. L., Wruck K. H. - Clinical Exploration of Value Creation and Destruction in Acquisitions: Organizational Design, Incentives and Internal Capital Markets. Center for Research In Security Prices No. 450, p. 5, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago 2000.
- Majewski T. - Type of disability in relation to the need of professional activation of disabled people [in] conference materials: Needs of professional activation of people with alternative abilities. KIG-R conference, Warszawa 30 May 2007.
- Majewski T. - How to employ people with alternative abilities. Guide for the employer. KIG-R, Warszawa 2007.
- Misztal M. - New supporting regulations for employers hiring people with alternative abilities in protected and open employment market. Info Baza, September 2007.
- Nevala-Puranen N., Louhevaara V., Itäkannas E., Alaranta H. - ERGODIS: A Method for Evaluating Ergonomics of Workplaces for Employees with Physical Disabilities [in] Proceedings of ERGON'AXIA 2000, Warsaw 2000, pp. 237-239.
- Nevala-Puranen N., Seuri M., Simola A., Elo J. - Physically Disabled at Work: Need for Ergonomic Interventions [in] Journal of Occupational Rehabilitation. Vol. 9, No. 4, 1999, pp. 215-225.
- National Labor Inspectorate report from 2007.
- Tortosa l., Ferreras A., Garcia-Molina C., Diez R., Lazaro A., Cerezo C., Page A. - Ergowork-IBV: Method for Ergonomic Adaptation of Workplace for Disabled People [in] Proceedings of CAES'99 International Conference on Computer-Aided Ergonomics and Safety. Barcelona 1999.
- Välima M., Mikkonen P., Kantolahti T., Palukka P., Mattila M., Rautjärvi L., Kivi P. - The Model for Analysis of Work Ability at SMEs [in] Proceeding of the International Conference on Computer Aided Ergonomics and Safety CAES'99. Barcelona 1999.
- Välima M., Mikkonen P., Kantolahti T., Palukka P., Mattila M., Rautjärvi L., Kivi P. - How to Analyze Work Ability in Order to Promote It? [in] Proceeding of the 1st International Conference on Occupational Risk Prevention ORP'2000. Tenerife, Spain 2000.