2011 | Integracja i globalizacja w wybranych dziedzinach współczesnego życia gospodarczego | 130--139
The U.S. Economy Appears to be Languishing in a Recurring Trough. Does the National Export Initiative Proposed by President Obama Provide an Answer?
President Barack Obama has made export growth a key economic policy initiative. On March 11, 2010. President Obama issued an executive order creating the National Export Initiative (NEI). His Administration is seeking to double U.S. exports during the next five years to about $3.1 trillion by 2015 in support of 2 million American jobs. The NEI marks the first time in recent history the United States has a government-wide export promotion strategy with special support from the President and members of his Cabinet. The major findings regarding the manner by which the government encourages exports will be summarized. A set of well-balanced projections/opinions will be presented. (fragment tekstu)
- Bartash J.: Fed`s Yellen Calls for Tighter Financial Rules. Market Watch, October 11, 2010.
- Appelbaum B. and Cho D.: Obama Blueprint Deepens Federal Role in Markets. "The Washington Post", 17.07.2009.
- Bernanke B.S.: Education and Economic Competitiveness. U.S. Chamber Education and Workforce Summit, Washington, D.C. September 24, 2007.
- Budnikowski A.: Międzynarodowe Stosunki Gospodarcze. Polskie Wydawnictwo Ekonomiczne, Warszawa 2006.
- Budnikowski A., Cygler M., Czarny E.: Integration in the Globalising World Economy. Warsaw School of Economics, Warsaw 2004.
- Cameron D.: Chicago Fed: July National Activity Index. August 24, 2009, Dow Jones Newswires www.gfmag.com
- Chicago Federal Reserve. http://www.chicagofed.org
- Dent H.S.: The Great Depression Ahead. Free Press, New York 2009.
- Federal Reserve Board. http://www.fedstats.gov
- Hamilton W. and Huffstutter P.J.: Economic Fears Rise as Disappointing Figures Pile Up. "Los Angeles Times" 14.08.2010.
- Hilsenrath J. and Cheng J.: Fed Gears Up for Stimulus. "The Wall Street Journal" October 26, 2010.
- Ikenson D.: The Half-a-Loaf National Export Initiative. "Business in The Beltway" 29.02.2010.
- U.S. Export Fact Sheet. International Trade Administration. Washington D.C., April 13, 2010.
- Krugman P.: The Return of Depression on Economics. W.W. Norton & Company, New York 2009.
- Lanman S. and Zumbrun J.: Bernanke Says Fiscal Limits Can Improve Federal Budget Path. Bloomberg. October 5, 2010.
- Lee D.: U.S. Jobs Continueto Flow Overseas. Los Angeles Times, Chicago Tribune, 6.09.2010.
- Locke G.: National Exports Initiative Remarks. United States Department of Commerce, Washington D.C., February 4, 2010.
- Mantell R.: How Washington Could Create Jobs. Market Watch, October 29, 2010
- Mayer C. and Robinson S.: Gordon Brown: Sometimes a Crisis Forces Change. "Time", 25.03.2009.
- National Bureau of Economic Research. http://www.nber.com
- Obama B.: State of the Union Address. Washington D.C., January 27,2010.
- O`Donnell S. and Matthews S.: Bullard Sees No `Obvious` Case for More Stimulus and Risks Ease. Bloomberg, October 8, 2010.
- Keeping Markets Open: Successes In Reducing Technical Barries To American Exports. Office of the United States Trade Representative. Washington D.C.. March 2010.
- Robb G.: Economy Loses Jobs at Faster Pace in September. Market Watch, October 8, 2010.
- Rowland K.: Obama`s Free-trade Goal Hits Roadblock. "The Washington Times" June, 2010.
- Stiglitz J.: Thoughts on a Crisis: The Future of Capitalism. "Financial Times", May 12, 2009.
- Summers L.: Responding to a Historical Economic Crisis: 13, 2009, Office of the Press Secretary of the White House.
- Exports Support American Jobs. U.S. Department of Commerce International Trade Administration Wahsington D.C., 2010. www.trade.gov
- United States Department of Agriculture. www.usda.gov
- U.S. Census Bureau. www.census.gov
- United States Department of Commerce. www.commerce.gov
- President Obama Details Administration Efforts to Support Two Million New Jobs by Promotion New Exports. The White House, Office of the Press Secretary: Washington, DC, March 11, 2010.
- The President`s 2010 Trade Policy Agenda. The White House, Washington DC, 2010.