Manager Preferences Modelling for Stochastic Aggregate Planning
In the Aggregate Production Planning (APP) the manager considers simultaneously conflicting objectives such as total cost, inventories level, workforce fluctuation, and utilization level of the physical facility and equipment. The goals associated with these objectives may be uncertain in nature. The aim of this paper is to develop a Goal Programming (GP) model where the goals and the right-hand sides of constraints are random and normally distributed. The concept of satisfaction functions will be used for modeling the uncertainty as well as to explicitly integrate the manager preferences. The proposed model is applied to APP problem to generate the most satisfying aggregate plan.(original abstract)
- Aouni B. (1996): Linéarisation des expressions quadratiques en programmation mathématique: des bornes plus efficacies. "Administrative Sciences Association of Canada, Management Science", Vol. 17, No. 2, pp. 38-46.
- Aouni B., Ben Abdelaziz F. and Martel J.M. (2005): Decision-Maker's Preferences Modelling in the Stochastic Goal Programming. "European Journal of Operational Research", Vol. 162, pp. 610-618.
- Baykasoglu A. (2001): Aggregate Production Planning Using the Multiple-Objective Tabu Search. "International Journal of Production Research", Vol. 39, No. 16, pp. 3685-3702.
- Ben Abdelaziz F. and Masri H. (2005): Stochastic Programming with Fuzzy Linear Partial Information on Time Series. "European Journal of Operational Research", Vol. 162, No. 3, pp. 619-629.
- Ben Abdelaziz F. and Mejri S. (2001): Application of Goal Programming in a Multi- Objective Reservoir Operation Model in Tunisia. "European Journal of Operational Research", Vol. 133, pp. 352-361.
- Bordley R.F. and Kirkwood C.W. (2004): Multiattribute Preference Analysis with Performance Targets. "Operations Research", Vol. 52, No. 6, pp. 823-835.
- Bowman E.H. (1956): Production Scheduling by the Transportation Method of Linear Programming. "Operations Research", Vol. 4, No. 1, pp. 100-103.
- Charnes A. and Cooper W.W. (1961): Management Models and Industrial Applications of Linear Programming. Wiley, New York.
- Charnes A. and Cooper W.W. (1959): Chance-Constrained Programming. "Management Science", Vol. 6, pp. 73-80.
- Charnes A. and Cooper, W.W. (1963): Deterministic Equivalents for Optimizing and Satisfying under Chance Constraints. "Operations Research", Vol. 11, pp. 18-39.
- Contini B. (1968): A Stochastic Approach to Goal Programming. "Operations Research", Vol. 16, No.3, pp. 576-586.
- Gen M., Tsujimura Y. and Ida K. (1992): Method for Solving Multi Objective Aggregate Production Planning Problem with Fuzzy Parameters. "Computers and Industrial Engineering", Vol. 23, pp. 117-120.
- Gfrerer H. and Zapfel G. (1995): Hierarchical Model for Production Planning in the Case of Uncertain Demand. "European Journal of Operational Research", Vol. 86, pp.142-161.
- Hanssmann F. and Hess S.W. (1960): A Linear Programming Approach to Production and Employment Scheduling. "Management Technology", pp. 46-51.
- Leung S.C.H. and Chan S.S.W. (2009): A Goal Programming Model for Aggregate Production Planning with Resource Utilization Constraint. "Computer and Industrial Engineering", Vol. 56, pp. 1053-1064.
- Leung S.C.H., Tsang S.O.S., Ng W.L. and Wu Y. (2007): A Robust Optimization Model for Multi-site Production Planning Problem in An Uncertain Environment. "European Journal of Operational Research", Vol. 181, No. 1, pp. 224-238.
- Leung S.C.H. and Wu Y. (2004): A Robust Optimization Model for Stochastic Aggregate Production Planning. "Production planning and Control", Vol. 15, No. 5, pp. 502-514.
- Martel J.M. and Aouni B. (1990): Incorporating the Decision-Maker's Preferences in the Goal Programming Model. "Journal of Operational Research Society", Vol. 41, No. 12, pp. 1121-1132.
- Masud A.S.M. and Hwang, C.L. (1980): An Aggregate Production Planning Model and Application of Three Multiple Objective Decision Methods. "International Journal of Production Research", Vol. 18, pp. 741-752.
- Oral M. and Kettani O. (1992): A Linearization Procedure for Quadratic and Cubic Mixed-Integer Problems. "Operations Research", Vol. 40, Supp. No. 1, pp. 109- 116.
- Sahoo N.P. and Biswal M.P. (2005): Computation of Some Stochastic Linear Programming Problems with Cauchy and Extreme Value Distributions. "International Journal of Computer Mathematics", Vol. 82, No. 6, pp. 685-698.
- Stancu-Minasian I.M. (1984): Stochastic Programming with Multiple Objective Functions. D. Reidel Publishing Company, Dordrecht.
- Stancu-Minasian I.M. and Giurgiutiu V. (1985): Stochastic Programming: with Multiple Objective Functions (Mathematics and its Applications). Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, Boston, Lancaster.
- Tozer P.R. and Stokes J.R. (2002): Producer Breeding Objectives and Optimal Sire Selection. "Journal of Dairy Science", Vol. 85, No. 12, pp. 3518-3525.
- Wang R.C. and Fang H.H. (2001): Aggregate Production Planning with Multiple Objectives in A Fuzzy Environment. "European Journal of Operational Research", Vol. 133, pp. 521-536.
- Wang R.C. and Liang T.F. (2005): Applying Possibilistic Linear Programming to Aggregate Production Planning. "International Journal of Production Economics", Vol. 98, pp. 328-341.