Potential Instruments That the ECB Could Take in Order to Face the Euro Zone Crisis
The Euro Zone crisis involves a wide range of situations in which economies, financial institutions and assets have lost a substantial portion of their value. The economic impact of the crisis has propelled economies to devise more aggressive strategies to face the crisis as discussed in the context of this review which adds to the body of knowledge available for economists to face future crises. (orignal abstract)
- Ahrend R., Cournède B., Price R. (2008), Monetary policy, market excesses and financial turmoil, OECD Economics Department Working Papers, 597.
- Anderson D. (1998), European monetary union in a globalized world economy: The beginning of the end for Europe?, "Business Economics", Vol. 33, No. 1.
- Bassanini F., Reviglio E. (2011), Financial Stability, Fiscal Consolidation and Long-Term Investment after the Crisis, OECD Journal. Financial Market Trends, 1.
- Dye J. (1992), Anticipating International Economic and Financial Trends, "Business Forum", Vol. 17, No. 1.
- European Commision Directorate (2009), The EU's response to support the real economy during the economic crisis: An overview of member states' recovery measures, Occasional Papers, 51, 34.
- European Council (2012), Fiscal compact enters into force 21/12/2012,European Council Press, London.
- Flood R. (1981), Explanations of exchange rate volatility and other empirical regularities in some popoular models of the foreign exchange market, Camegie-Rochester Conference, Rochester.
- Hendry D.F., Ericsson N.R., Friedman M., Schwartz A.J. (1991), An Econometric Analysis of U.K. Money Demand in Monetary Trends in the United States and the United Kingdom by Milton Friedman and Anna J. Schwartz; Alternative Approaches to Analyzing Economic Data, "American Economic Review", Vol. 81, No. 1.
- Kapsis I. (2010), The impact of the recent financial crisis on EU competition policy for the banking sector, "Journal of International Trade Law & Policy", Vol. 9 No. 3.
- Klein E. (2011), Evidence for the Monetary View of the Eurozone Crisis, http://macromarketmusings.blogspot.com/2011/12/evidence-for-monetary-view-of-eurozone.html (1 January 2013).
- Lane P. (2012), The European Sovereign Debt Crisis, "The Journal of Economic Perspectives", Vol. 26, No. 3.
- Lazar I. (2009), European Union's Financial Instruments for Economic Recovery of the Member States, "Annales Universitatis Apulensis: Series Oeconomica", Vol. 11, No. 1.
- Maddison A., (2007), Contours of the World Economy, 1-2030 AD; Essays in Macroeconomic History, Oxford University Press, Oxford.
- Mayer T. (1982), Monetary trends in the United States and the United Kingdom, "Journal of Economic Literature".
- ivera P. (2012), Crisis and Regional Distribution in the European Union: Considerations of Economic Policy, "Journal of Economic Issues", Vol.46, No. 2.
- Romer D. (2006), Advanced Macroeconomics, Mc-Graw Hill, New York.
- Ross K. (2000), The Economics of the European Union and the Economics of Europe, "Eastern Economic Journal", Vol. 26 , No. 1.
- Schwartz A.J. (2007), The Role of Monetary Policy In the Face of Crises, "Cato Journal", Vol. 2, No. 2.
- Senn P. (1999), Monetary policy and the definition of money Implications for the European Monetary Union, "Journal of Economic Studies", Vol. 26, No. 4.
- Sparkes M., Trotman A. (2012), Debt crisis: as it happened, http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/debt-crisis-live/9034436/Debt-crisis-as-it-happened-January-24-2012.html
- Tom V. (2002), European economic and monetary integration and the Euro, "Australian Economic Review", Vol. 35, No. 4.
- Von Hagen J., Eichengreen B. (1996), Federalism, fiscal restraints, and European Monetary Union, "American Economic Review", Vol. 86, No. 2.