Smart Grids in the Process of Building a Competitive Economy and Energy Security in Europe
Article aims to present the technological innovation - Smart Grids in the process of maintaining Europ's energy security, competitiveness of economy and environmental protection. Innovative intelligent networks are the solution to accelerate the liberalization process of the energy sector, and also to grow energy efficiency and savings in the consumption of electricity. Management of energy production and efficient planning of consumption will bring benefits for the economic development. Technology of smart grids will change in the future the structure of the supply of energy towards a decentralization system. This article consist of three main parts, the first concerns the analysis of energy policy in Europe with the most significant factors that shape this policy, the seconde part concerns the presentation of the smart grids solutions essence for electricity and the benefits generated by the process of implementing in the energy system. The third part is devoted to European and Polish projects in the subject of smart meters. (original abstract)
-  Brown M., McLeavey-Reville C. - Drivinga Resource Efficiency Power Generation Sector inEurope. Delta Energy & Environment, May 2011.
-  European Commission - Communication From theCommission to the European Parliament, theCouncil, the European Economic and SocialCommittee and the Committee of the Regions. Smart Grids: From Innovation to Deployment. Brussels, 12.4.2011.
-  European Commission - EU Energy and Transportin Figures. Statistical Pocketbook 2010.
-  European Commission - Smart Grid ProjectsIn Europe: Lessons Learned and Current Developments. Institute for Energy 2011.
-  European Commission 2010 - EU Energy Trendsto 2030 - update 2009.
-  Eurostat 2011 - Energy, Transport and EnvironmentIndicators.
-  Feliachi A., Saymansky J., Choudhry M., Sneckenberger J. - Are All Smart Grids Equal? Journal of Electrical Systems, 2011.
-  Kowalak T. - The Implications of Smart GridTechnologies (Smart Meters) - Smart Metersand Smart Grids - for the Security of ElectricitySupply. Monographs Technical University of Lodz 2011.
-  Malko J. - Why Do the Networks Have to BeSmart? Wulkan, 1(18) 2011.
-  Sedler B. - Smart Electricity Networks - as Conditionfor the Development of Green Energy. Scientific and Technical Foundation, Gdańsk.
-  Zpryme Research & Consulting - Smart Grid Insights:Smart Appliances. March 2010.