Contemporary Supply Chain Trends and World's Freight Traffic
The issues regarding supply chain management and logistics are getting more and more important in context of international trade growing positive trend and totally global world's market. To be engaged in classical and newly developing logistics methods to plan, manage, optimize and control all huge flows across global supply chains is getting to be necessary to be cost effective, competitive and eco-friendly in long - term time period of sustainable growth. There are dynamic industry-wide changes that continue to influence and shape the global freight industry as worldwide international trade is transformed by the global economy. The principal forces that are likely to affect future international merchandise trade and freight movements include the following: - changes in reliance on imported consumer products, - China's expanded role in the world economy and global trade, - fluctuations in fuel prices and transportation costs, - environmental concerns, and - a rise in Internet shopping and on-demand deliveries. These global forces and the pace of reliance on imported consumer products may affect the movement of freight from, to, and within the particular countries. Changes in the global economic situation as well as trade between nations will continue to affect the choices of transportation modes used in transporting traded goods around the world and in the particular countries. Resumption of growth in worldwide merchandise trade is likely to create more demand for intermodal freight services. Continued integration of global economic activities and resumption of growth in ocean-borne and air cargo would increase demand for freight transportation services. Global economic activities will continue to shape where and how goods are produced and distributed. Expanded trade among countries will ultimately affect the movement of freight internationally as well as into and out of the particular countries. Fuel costs, changes in logistics supply chains, out-sourcing, just-in-time inventory management systems, and online shopping could impact the demand for freight transportation. (fragment of text)
- An Annual Survey by PRTM Management Consultants, Global Supply Chain Trends 2010-2012, www.supply-chain.org
- Ballou R.H.: Business Logistics/Supply Chain Management and Logware CD Package. 5th Edition, Prentice Hall, Inc., New Jersey 2003.
- Branch A.E.: Global Supply Chain Management and International Logistics. 1st Edition, Routledge 2008.
- Central Intelligence Agency, www.cia.gov
- Chopra S., Meindl P.: Supply Chain Management - Strategy, Planning and Operation. 1st Edition, Prentice Hall, Inc., New Jersey 2001.
- Encyclopedia of the Nations, www.nationsencyclopedia.com.
- Hart M., Lisakoviča Ž.: Eurologistics - Essential Information on Latvian and Czech Logistics Environment. International Scientific Conference - Logistics in Theory and Practice. FLKŘ UTB ve Zlíně, Uherské Hradiště 2011, pp. 44-57.
- Hart M.: Logistics and Its Indisputably Growing Importance in Current Global World's Economy. Carpathian Logistics Congress, High Tatras, Slovak Republic, September 2011, pp. 197-206.
- Hart M.: Logistics As a Tool to Enhance a Competitiveness of Zlín Region. International Scientific Conference - Logistics in Theory and Practice. FLKŘ UTB ve Zlíně, Uherské Hradiště 2011, pp. 36-45.
- Hart M.: Modelling, Simulation and Optimization of Logistics Processes. Scientific Conference - Modelling, Simulation and Optimization of Company's Processes in Practice. FAME UTB in Zlín, Zlín 2011, pp. 109-115.
- Hart M.: Production and Business Logistics Papers to Lecture. Tomas Bata University in Zlín, Faculty of Logistics and Crisis Management, Logistics Department 2011.
- International Monetary Fund, www.imf.org
- Lukoszová X. Integrované řízení dodavatelského řetězce. "Logistika" 2010, roč. 15, č. 11, Praha pp. 32-33.
- Lukoszová X.: Logistics in Crisis - Principles and Methods. 6th International Scientific Symposium on Business Administration. OPF SLU, Karviná 2010, pp. 331-336.
- Lukoszová X.: SCM v dynamickém prostředí. "Logistika" 2011, Praha, roč. 16, č. 2.
- Pagh J.D., Cooper M.C.: Postponement and Speculation Strategies: How to Choose The Right Strategy. "Journal of Business Logistics" 1998, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp. 13-33.
- Simchi-Levi D., Kaminski P., Simchi-Levi E.: Designing and Managing the Supply Chain - Concepts, Strategies and Case Studies + CD-ROM. 1st Edition, McGraw-Hill/Irwin 2000.
- The World Bank, www.worldbank.org
- U.S. Department of Transportation, Research and Innovative Technology Administration, Bureau of Transportation Statistics, Freight Transportation: Global Highlights, 2010. Washington, DC 2010.
- Waters D.: Global Logistics & Distribution Planning. 3rd Edition, Kogan Page, 2000.
- Waters D.: Global Logistics: New Directions in Supply Chain Management. 6th Edition, Kogan Page, 2010.