Problems of Transportation Process Reliability Modelling
In the presented paper, there have been discussed the main limitations of known modeling methods used in transport process reliability analysis. The problem is focused on use multi-phase system concept and the example of combined transport system was discussed. Analysis of reliability model of CT system indicates the possibilities of increasing the system availability but the obtained numerical results are still disappointing. The problem concerns the used input data - they are estimated for relatively old rail cars and locomotives and quite new and modern road cars. But, the sense of more detailed modeling of the transportation system is still restricted by uncertainty of the available data. Reliability data acquisition and analysis remains one of the general tasks to carry out. Thus, the presented paper can be the starting point of consideration about searching new analytical ways of real-life system performance estimation taking into account also the transportation process time parameters. (fragment of text)
- Alam M., Al-Saggaf U.M.: Quantitative reliability evaluation of repairable phased-mission systems using Markov approach. "IEEE Transactions Reliability" 1986, No. 35, pp. 498-503.
- Alvarez O., Cantos P., Garcia L.: The value of time and transport policies in a parallel road network. "Transport Policy" 2007, No. 14, pp. 366-376.
- Ambroziak T., Pyza D.: Selected aspects of transportation system modelling. "Total Logistic Management" 2008, Vol. 1.
- Aupperle B.E. et al. Evaluation of fault-tolerant systems with non-homogeneous workloads. 19th IEEE Int. Fault Tolerant Computing Symp 1989.
- Bondavalli A., Chiaradonna S., Di Giandomenico F., Mura I.: Dependability Modeling and Evaluation of Multiple-Phased Systems Using DEEM. "IEEE Transactions on Reliability" 2004, No. 53, 4.
- Dugan J.B.: Automated Analysis of Phased-Mission Reliability. "IEEE Transactions on Reliability" 1991, No. 40, 1.
- Durango-Cohen P.L.: A time series analysis framework for transportation infrastructure management. "Transportation Research Part B" 2007, No. 41, pp. 493-505.
- Esary J.D., Ziehms H.: Reliability analysis of phased missions. "Reliability and Fault Tree Analysis". SIAM, Philadelphia 1975.
- Fricker J.D., Whitford R.K.: Fundamentals of Transportation Engineering. A Multimodal Systems Approach. Pearson Education, Inc. Upper Saddle River, New Jersey, USA, 2004.
- Handbook of transportation engineering. Ed. by M. Kutz. McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc., 2004.
- Jacyna M.: Modelling and appraisal of transportation systems (in Polish). Publication House of Warsaw Technical University of Technology, Warsaw 2009.
- Jodejko A., Molecki B.: Methods of number of redundancies determination in the example of tram network (in Polish). "City and Regional Transportation" 2008, No. 1.
- Mlynczak M., Nowakowski T., Restel F., Werbińska-Wojciechowska S.: Problems of reliability analysis of passenger transportation process. Proceedings of the European Safety and Reliability Conference 2011. A.A.Balkema, Leiden.
- Nowakowski T., Werbińska S.: On problems of multicomponent system maintenance modelling. "International Journal of Automation and Computing" 2004, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 364-378.
- Nowakowski T., Zając M.: Analysis of reliability model of combined transportation system. Advances in safety and reliability. Proceedings of the European Safety and Reliability Conference 2005. A.A.Balkema, Leiden.
- Nowakowski T.: Relaibility of logistics systems (in Polish). Wroclaw University of Technology Publishing House, Wroclaw 2011.
- Nowakowski T.: Reliability model of combined transportation system. Probabilistic safety assessment and management. Proceedings of the European Safety and Reliability Conference PSAM7-ESREL 2004. London [etc.], Springer.
- Reliability and Maintenance of Complex Systems. Ed. S. Ozekici. NATO ASI Series/Computer and Systems Sciences, Springer, Berlin 1996.
- Smotherman M., Zemoudeh K.: A nonhomogeneuous Markov model for phased-mission reliability analysis. "IEEE Transactions Reliability" 1989, No. 38, pp. 585-590.
- Straube F., Pfohl H.-Chr.: Trends und Strategien in der Logistik - Globale Netzwerke im Wandel. DVV Media Group GmbH / Deutscher Verkehrs-Verlag, Hamburg 2008.
- Tsamboulas D. A.: A tool for prioritizing multinational transport infrastructure investments. "Transport Policy" 2007, No. 14, pp. 11-26.
- Werbińska S.: Model of logistic support for exploitation system of means of transport. PhD Thesis, Technical University of Wroclaw, Poland, report: PRE 3/2008.
- Xing L., Dugan J.B.: Analysis of generalized phased mission system reliability, performance and sensitivity. "IEEE Transactions Reliability" 2002; 51: 199-211.
- Zheng L., Hensher D.A., Rose J.M.: Willingness of pay for travel time reliability in passenger transport: A review and some new empirical evidence. "Transportation Research Part E" 2010, No. 46, pp. 384-403.