Improvement of Transport System Functionality and Integration of Public Transport in the Poznań Agglomeration
The integration of particular systems and increased functionality of public transport following many years of divisions, negligence and chronic under-financing combined with dynamic increase of personal vehicle traffic is a very demanding task, yet it needs to be taken. The strongest driver towards further integration of public transport system in Poznań and peripheral municipalities will be positive experiences and benefits for transport users and operators in Poznań and Luboń. Their example will prove stimulating, if not directly for local politicians, then certainly for citizens who will force the politicians representing them to accede to the integration process. Paradoxically, the factors favourable to the development of the public transport will also include the increasing level of transport congestion, growing fuel prices on global markets as well as higher excise duty - PLN 0.15 per litre of diesel fuel as of 1.01.2012. The costs of personal car use will go up and it will be accompanied by more and more intensive actions taken by the European Commission aimed at the reduction of external transport costs by means of introducing the principles "polluter pays" and "user pays". Therefore, some drivers will resign from travelling by car, because they will not be able to afford that or they will come to a conclusion that they spend too much time in traffic jams and will choose alternative means of transport. (fragment of text)
- A similar resolution was adopted by the councilors of the Dopiewo municipality on 28.02.2011.
- Igliński H.: Polityka parkingowa a ograniczanie kongestii transportowej w miastach. "Logistyka" 2010, No. 5.
- Jałoszyński R.: Więcej dobrych pociągów do stolicy regionu. "Monitor Wielkopolski" 2010, No. 9.
- Marshal Office of the Wielkopolska Region in Poznań.
- Szymczak M.: Solving Road Cargo Traffic Problems in Cities - A Logistics Approach. In: Zarządzanie projektami logistycznymi. Ed. by J. Witkowski, A. Skowrońska. "Prace Naukowe" 2008, No. 11, Uniwersytet Ekonomiczny we Wrocławiu, Wrocław.