Current Credit Crunch: Issues and Challenges
This paper will briefly attempt to tracę, examine, and assess the key issues and challenges asso-ciated with the current credit crunch. The current credit woes facing the United States, particularly those relating to the sub-prime mortgage fiasco, pose a great threat to the overall global credit system. Specifically, worries regarding the viability of sub-prime lending have dissipated throughout the Inter¬national financial system, causing investors and institutions to seek favorable avenues in order to prop¬erly divert their positions, avoiding any fiirther potential losses. This era of faulty credit has lead to a plunging of home prices; slowdowns in respective economic sectors in the U.S.; and banks ceding billions of dollars in losses. U.S., British, and European Union central banks have been forced to pump billions of dollars into their respective banking systems in order to prevent a major International financial crisis, one that could perhaps trump the shortfalls experienced from the Great Depression of the early Twentieth Century.(original abstract)
- Brady D,; Adventures of a Subprime Survivor. "Business Week" 29 Oct. 2007, Issue 4056: p. 76-80, http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/07 _44/b4056074.htm.
- Chatzky J.: Making the Best of a Bad Bet. "Money" Nov. 2007, Vol. 36 Issue 11: p. 34-36Jittp:// money.cnn.com/2007/10/29/magazines/moneymag/money _makeovermoneymag/.
- Coy R: The Subprime Mess, Now in Plastic? "Business Week" 17 Dec. 2007, Issue 4063: p. 32, http:/ /www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/07_51/b4063032298348.htm?campaign_id=rss_ daily
- CSI: Credit Crunch. "Economist" 20 Oct. 2007, Vol. 385 Issue 8551: p. 4-8,
- http://www economist.com/specialreports/displaystory.cfm?story_id=9972489 DogDays of Winter. "Economisf 1 Dec. 2007, Vol. 385 Issue 8557: p. 87-88, http://www.economist. com/displaystory.cfm?story_id= 10218045&fsrc=RSS.
- Getting Worried Downtown. "Economist" 17 Nov. 2007, Vol. 385, Issue 8555: p. 80-82.
- Henry D.: How Much Is that CDO Worth? "Business Week" 17 Dec. 2007, Issue 4063: p. 56.
- MasterFlLE Select. EBSCOhost. Lavery Library St. John Fisher College. 23 Dec. 2007 <http://libdb.sjfc.edu:3365/ehost>.
- Lessons from the credit crunch. "Economist" 20 Oct. 2007, Vol. 385, Issue 8551: p. 15-16. MasterFlLE Select. EBSCOhost. Lavery Library St. John Fisher College. 23 Dec. 2007 <http://libdb.sjfc.edu:3365/ehost>.
- Mandel M.: The Consumer Crunch. "Business Week" 26 Nov. 2007, Issue 4060: p. 57-60. MasterFlLE Select. EBSCOhost. Lavery Library St. Fisher College. 23 Dec. 2007 <http:// libdb.sjfc.edu:3365/ehost>
- Welch, Jack. "Behind All Those Undone Deals." Business Week 17 Dec. 2007, Issue 4063: p.84. MasterFlLE Select. EBSCOhost. Lavery Library St. John Fisher College. 23 Dec. 2007
- Zuckerman, Mortimer B., ed. Credit Crunch. U.S. News & World Report 13 Aug. 2007, Vol. 143 Issue 5: p. 76. MasterFlLE Select. EBSCOhost. Lavery Library St. John Fisher College. 23 Dec. 2007 <http://libdb.sjfc.edu:3365/ehost>
- http://news.yahoo.eom/s/ap/20080104/ap_on_bi_ge/fed_credit_crisis;_ylt=ApX3ORfx2zr RZYHzNBq 1 NnWsONUE.