Structural Changes in Livestock Production : the Case Northeastern Montenegro
The production structure of agriculture northeastern Montenegro, livestock production has a very important role, because without a stable and developed livestock production has neither developed agriculture. Therefore, in this paper, shows the change in the number of livestock by type and category. Fluctuations in the number of cattle in the period 1964-2005, primarily the result of economic factors, such as reduced local and regional markets, low purchasing power, transition, privatization, lack of long-term development strategy for livestock, technological and technical unwillingness processing facilities, primary production disorganization, poor farmers and processors association, insufficient and slow recovery racial composition of cattle. Applying the method of alternating splitter Systems 6/6 in 1964, we have found in northeastern Montenegro, type with a dominant share of sheep and cattle share (O5G1), who in 2005 was gradually transformed into a type with equal participation of sheep and cattle (O3G3). Judging by the number and categories of livestock by type, production volume, as well as other indicators, livestock production in the region, mainly serves to meet the needs of the household. A smaller part of are intended market. To mention the problems were solved in an appropriate manner, it is necessary to adopt appropriate strategies in livestock development with the proposed measures, that has to be long term, because only in this way can stop the decline in the number of cattle to provide the increase livestock production and improve the quality of livestock products. (original abstract)
-  Rajović G., Bulatović J., Russian Journal of Agricultural and Socio - Economic Sciences 1(13) (2013) 66-79, (2013a).
-  Rajović G., Journal Economics 53(3-4) (2007) 58-67, (2007a).
-  Rajović G., Journal Industry 37 (4) (2009) 15-27, (2009a).
-  Rajović G., Journal of Agricultural and Food Science Research 1(1) (2012) 11-25, (2012 a).
-  Smiljanić M., Petrović M., Pavlovski Z., Trenkovski S., Radović Č., Situation in livestock production and future development, Biotechnology in Animal Husbandry XVII Innovations in livestock 16-17 November, Belgrade, 2006, pp. 5-13.
-  Regional Business Centre Berane, Profile municipality of Berane, Available from: http://www.nasme.me (25.01 2013 a), (2004 a).
-  Regional Business Centre Berane, Profile municipality of Plav, Available from: http://www.nasme.me (25.01 2013), (2004 b).
-  Rajović G., Bulatović J., Journal of Agriculture and Sustainability 2(2) (2013) 178-195, (2013b).
-  Nikolić M., Cvijanović D., Subić J., Development of animal husbandry as one of the pillars of rural development, Collected scientific papers XX consulting agronomists, veterinarians and technicians, 12 (3-4) (2006) 5-19.
-  Kostrovicki I., Przeglad Geograficzny XLI (4) (1969) 599-621.
-  Kostrovicki I., Geographia Polonica 18 (1970) 93.
-  Jaćimović B., Proceedings of Institute of Geography Faculty of Science XXIII (1976) 94-99.
-  Tyszkiewicz W., Przemiany struktury przestrzennej rolnictwa Polski 1950-1970, Prace Geograficzne, 126 Ig and PZ PAN, 1978, pp. 15-54.
-  Rajović G., Journal Economics 58(2) (2011) 62-72, (2011 a).
-  Rajović G., American-Eurasian Journal of Agricultural & Environmental Sciences 12 (12) (2012) 1558-1571, (2012 b).
-  Rajović G., Structural changes in crop and livestock production in the municipalities Berane, Andrijevica and Plav (1994-2000.godine), Serbiafood, Selected papers, Available from: http://serbiafood.co.yu (31.05 2008), (2007b).
-  Statistical Office of Montenegro, Census agriculture 1964 year, Podgorica, 1966.
-  Statistical Office of Montenegro, Census agriculture 1994 year, Podgorica, 1996.
-  Statistical Office of Montenegro, Census agriculture 2005year, Podgorica, 2006.
-  Rajović G., Journal Economics 55(6) (2009) 33-44, (2009b).
-  Rajović G., Annals of the University of Oradea - geography series 21(1) (2011) 105-117, (2011b).
-  Rajović G., Geographic basis for the development of the economy of the Upper Polimlja (PhD thesis), University of Novi Sad, Faculty of Science, Department of Geography, Tourism and Hotel Management, Novi Sad, (2004).
-  Jaćimović B., Proceedings of the Geographical Institute of the Faculty of Sciences 25 (1978) 47-57.
-  Tomić P., Proceedings of the Geographical Institute of the Faculty of Sciences 13 (1984) 11-19.
-  Rajović G., Bulatović J., Journal of Agriculture and Sustainability 3 (2) (2013) 165-182, (2013c).
-  Kljajić N., Arsić S., Savić M., Livestock as a development opportunity for Serbia, Available from: http://www.agroekonomija.wordpress.com (26.01 2013), (2011).
-  Rajović G., Bulatović J., Journal of Studies in Social Sciences 2 (2) (2013) 105-133, (2013d).
-  Rajović G., Bulatović J., Journal of Sustainable Development Studies 3(2) (2013) 136-167, (2013 e).
-  Institute for the Study of the village (Belgrade) About us, Available from: http://www.proučavanjesela.rs ( 27.01 2013).
-  Goran Rajović, Jelisavka Bulatović, International Letters of Social and Humanistic Sciences 3 (2013) 10-30.