Performance Management System in Maharatna Companies (a Leading Public Sector Undertaking) of India - a Case Study of B.H.E.L., Bhopal (M.P.)
Extensive changes in the global economy have made it imperative for the governments all over the world to improve the quality of their governance structures. The Government of India has also introduced the New Public Management concepts in public administration with emphasis on "results‟ or "performance‟ to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of public services. This research aims to figure out the key variables that are having strong influence on Performance management system with special reference to BHEL, Bhopal (M.P.). Chi square test is applied in this paper to check the authenticity of data given by the respondents. We are also going to study the PM process, awareness level and satisfaction level of employees of BHEL and how the PM system affects the performance and career development of employees. (original abstract)
-  About Bhel, Bhopal, Available from http://www.bhelbpl.co.in/bplweb_new/About.aspx
-  Akinyele S. T., Educational Research 1(8) (2010) 293-303.
-  Akua Asantewaa Aforo1, Kodjo Asafo-Adjei Antwi, Journal of Business Management and Economics 3(8) (2012) 301-306.
-  Al Bento, Regina Bento, Journal of Information Technology Management XVII(2) (2006) 23-32.
-  Arun Verma, Pawan S. Budhwar, Angelo DeNisi, Performance management system - A global perspective, Routledge 270 Madison Ave, New York, 2008, pp. 55-67.
-  Dipak Kumar Bhattacharya, "Performance management system and strategies", Pearson education, 2011, pp. 13-17.
-  George Ndemo Ochoti, Elijah Maronga, Stephen Muathe, Robert Nyamao Nyabwanga, Peter Kibet Ronoh, International Journal of Business and Social Science 3(20) (2012) 37-46.
-  Javed Iqbal, Samina Naz, Mahnaz Aslam, Saba Arshad, Interdisciplinary Journal of Contemporary Research in Business 4(3) (2012) 709-728.
-  Jawaria Andleeb Qureshi, Asad Shahjehan, Zia-ur-Rehman, Bilal Afsar, African Journal of Business Management 4(9) (2010) 1856-1862.
-  Kothari C. R., "Research methodology - methods and techniques", New Age International Publishers, 2004, pp. 233-238.
-  Mohammad Tanvi Newaz, International Journal of Business and Management Tomorrow 2(3) (2012) 1-10.
-  Leena Toppo, Twinkle Prusty, IOSR Journal of Business and Management 3(5) (2012) 01-06.
-  R. K. Sahu, "Performance management system", Excel publication, 2007, pp. 95-119.
-  Sharmistha Bhattacharjee, Santoshi Sengupta, VSRD-IJBMR 1(8) (2011) 496-513.
-  T. V. Rao, (2011) "Performance management and appraisal systemsage publication India pvt. Ltd.", Pearson education, 2011, pp. 75-80.