Graphical Presentation of a Measure of an Employee's Competence for a Job Position
The main objective of this paper was to develop a graphical presentation of a measure of an employee's competence (ECVM) for a job position. In this context, the essence and formula for measuring the value of an employee's competences have been presented. This formula makes it possible to provide a definition of the method for determining the total value of all the competences in the competence profile and the value of an employee's competences. With regard to the graphical presentation of the measure, it was assumed that the most appropriate form will be a pie chart. The key assumption was such that each competence in the profile would be a segment (slice) of the pie chart. An example of the graphical presentation of the measure of the employee competencies has been presented. (original abstract)
-  ARMSTRONG M., Armstrong's Handbook of Human Resource Management Practice, 11th Ed., Kogan Page, London 2009.
-  BALADI P., Knowledge and Competence management: Ericsson business consulting, Business Strategy Review, 1999, 10 (4), 20-18.
-  BIEŃKOWSKA A., Three dimensions of personnel control, [in:] The concept of human capital management in contemporary organizations, J. Stankiewicz (Ed.), Oficyna Wydawnicza Uniwersytetu Zielonogórskiego, Zielona Góra 2008, 95-103 (in Polish).
-  BIEŃKOWSKA A., BROL M.W., Graphical presentations of competence profiles, Ekonomika i Organizacja Przedsiębiorstwa, 2009, 1, 9-14.
-  BIEŃKOWSKA A., BROL M.W., Synthetic measure of employee's competence, Ekonomika i Organizacja Przedsiębiorstwa, 2010, 8, 62-69 (in Polish).
-  BIEŃKOWSKA A., BROL M.W., Synthetic measure of employee's competence: sample applications, [in:] Impact of Environmental Variability on the Improvement of the Organization, E. Skrzypek (Ed.), Chair of Quality and Knowledge Management, Faculty of Economics, UMCS, Lublin 2011, 91-110 (in Polish).
-  BIEŃKOWSKA A., BROL M.W., Competence-based management, [in:] Concepts and Methods of Management of the Organization, M. Hopej, Z. Kral (Eds.), Oficyna Wydawnicza Politechniki Wrocławskiej, Wrocław 2011, 173-190 (in Polish).
-  BIESALSKI E., ABECKER A., Skill-Profile Matching with Similarity Measures, Y. Manolopoulos, J. Panos, P. Constantopoulos, J. Cordeiro (Eds.), ICEIS 2006, LNBIP 3, 2008, 210-218.
-  CURRIE G., DARBY R., Competence-based management development: rhetoric and reality, Journal of European Industrial Training, 1995, 19 (5), 11-18.
-  DRAGANDIS F., MENTZAS G., Competence-based management: a review of systems and approaches, Information Management and Computer Security, 2006, 14 (1), 51-64.
-  FILIPOWICZ G., How to measure competences, PCkurier, (11), 2002 (in Polish).
-  FILIPOWICZ G., Competence-Based Management, PWE, Warszawa 2004 (in Polish).
-  GOLEC A., KAHYA E., A fuzzy model for competency-based employee evaluation and selection, Computer and Industrial Engineering, 2007, 52, 143-161.
-  HELLSTRÖM T., KEMLIN P., MALMQUIST U., Knowledge and competence management at Ericsson: decentralization and organizational fit, Journal of Knowledge Management, 2000, 4 (2), 99-110.
-  HON A.H.Y., When competency-based pay relates to creative performance: The moderating role of employee psychological need, International Journal of Hospitality Management, 2012, 31, 130-138.
-  OLEKSYN T., Competence-based management: Theory and practice, Oficyna Ekonomiczna, Kraków 2006 (in Polish).
-  PEPIOT G., CHEIKHROUHOU N., FURBINGER J.M., GLARDON R., A fuzzy approach for the evaluation of competences, International Journal of Production Economics, 2008, 112, 336-353.
-  SCHMIDT A., KUNZMANN C., Towards Human Resource Development Ontology for Combining Competence Management and Technology-Enhanced Workplace Learning, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 2006, 4278, 1078-1087.
-  SHAHHOSSEINI V., SEBT M.H., Competency-based selection and assignment of human resources to construction projects, Scientia Iranica A, 2011, 18 (2), 163-180.