Risk Assessment Improvement in the Investment Project Management: Verbal Analysis Methods
Globalization of the financial markets, the increasing competition between organizations and social and technological development encourage the application of new advanced risk assessment methods. New technological achievements help the researchers and practicians to realize the importance of using various analytical approaches in assessing enterprise performance and evaluating the criteria describing the risk of the performed operations, in particular. Most of decision-making specialists and researchers emphasize that the standard methods used in this area do not well agree with human ability of data perception and processing. A possible solution to this problem is the application of verbal analysis decision-making methods, which are scientifically grounded and use the evaluation criteria, based on psychology. It may be stated that risk assessment depends on a number of variables. Striving for objectivity of a decision, which should assess the risk of the considered object from various perspectives, a great number of various types of risk and the criteria describing them should be evaluated. The investment decision with a higher than planned risk level has a strong negative effect on the effectiveness of other decisions and the level of satisfaction of the interested parties. Therefore, the effect of all changes on the final estimate should be accurately evaluated and calculated. The authors of the paper suggest using the evaluation methods based on verbal analysis as the approaches, requiring the minimum amount of quantitative data. (fragment of text)
- Apgar D. (2007), Rizikos Intelektas. Verslo žinios.
- Asanov A., Borisenkov P., Larichev O., Nariznij E., Rozejnzon G. (2001). Method of multicriteria classification CYCLE and its application for the analysis of the credit risk. "Economy and mathematical methods (Ekonomika i Matematicheskije metodi", 37(2), 14-21 (in Russian).
- Chapman R.J. (2010), Simple tools and techniques for enterprise risk management. John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. The Atrium, Southern Gate, Chichester.
- Haimes Y.Y. (2009), Risk Modeling, Assessment, and Management. John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. Hoboken, New Jersey. Third Edition.
- Hopkin P. (2009), Holistic Risk Management in Practice. Second Edition. Withersbys Insuranse, Withersbys Seamandship International Ltd.
- Hubbard W.D. (2009), The failure of risk management - why it's broken and how to fix it. John Wiley & Sons, Inc. Hoboken, New Jersey.
- Larichev O.I. (2002), Close Imitation of Expert Knowledge: The Problem and Methods. "International Journal of Information Technology and Decision Making", 1(1), 27-42.
- Larichev O.I., Moshkovich E.M. (1997), Verbal Decision Analysis for Unstructured Problems. Kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston
- Léautier T-O. (2010), Corporate Risk Manaement for Value Creation. Second Edition. Published by Risk Books, a Division of Incisive Financial Publishing Ltd.
- Merna T., Al-Thani F.F. (2010), Corporate Risk Management. JohnWiley & Sons, Ltd. Second Edition. The Atrium. Southern Gate, Chichester.
- Migilinskas D., Ustinovičius L. (2008), Methodology of risk and uncertainty management in construction's technological and economical problems. The 25th International Symposium on Automation and Robotics in Construction (ISARC 2008): selected papers, June 26-29, 2008 Vilnius, Lithuania. Technika, Vilnius, p. 789-794.
- Minasowicz A. (2008), Analiza ryzyka w projektovaniu przedsięwzięcia budowlanego. Publishing House of the Warsaw University of Technology, Warsaw, Poland.
- Москвин В. (2004), Управление рисками при реализации инвестиционных проектов. Финансы и статистика, Москва.
- Norvaišienė R. (2004), Įmonės investicijų valdymas. Kaunas, Technologija
- Olson D.L., Dash Wu D. (2008), Enterprise Risk Management. "Financial Engineering and Risk Management" Vol 1. World Scientific Publishing Co Pte. Ltd.
- Petravičius T., Tamošiunienė R. (2008), Using Project Risk Management Process in Investment Appraisal in: The First International Science Conference "Knowledge Society". The ΙΙ International Science Conference for Young Researchers "Technical Science and Industrial Management". Sozopol, Bulgaria, 3-5 September 2008. Scientific Proceedings. Jan Ι, Vol. 3, 39-46.
- Project Mangement Institute (2004), A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge. Third Edition (PMBOK Guides)
- Rutkauskas A.V., On the susitanability of regional competitiveness development considering risk. "Technological and Economic Development of Economy", 14(1), 89-99.
- Satgrove K. (2009), The complete guide to business risk management. Second Edition. GOWER. MPG Books Ltd, Bodmin, Cornwall.
- Shevchenko G., Ustinovichius L. (2012), Tendencies and prospects of risk and uncertainty management of enterprise investment projects. In 7th International Scientific Conference Business and Management- 2012. in Vilnius, 10-11 May, 2012. 312-319.
- Shevchenko G., Ustinovichius L., Andruskevicius A. (2008), Multi-Attribute Analysis of Investment Risk Alternatives in Construction. "Technological and Economic Development of Economy", 14(3), 428-443. doi: 10.3846/1392-8619.2008.14.428-443.
- Turskis Z. (2008), Multi-Attribute contractors ranking method by applying ordering of feasible alternatives of solutions in terms of preferability technique. "Technological and Economic Development of Economy", 14(2), 224-239. doi: 10.3846/1392-8619.2008.14.224-239.
- Ustinovichius L., Shevchenko G., Barvidas A., Ashikhmin I.V., Kochin D. (2010), Feasibility of verbal analysis application to solving the problems of investment in construction. "Automation in Construction: An International Research Journal", Vol. 19, Iss. 3, 375-384.
- Ustinovichius L., Turskis Z., Shevchenko G. (2008a), Multi-attribute analysis of investment risks in The 25th International Symposium on Automation and Robotics in Construction (ISARC 2008): selected papers, June 26-29, Vilnius, Lithuania. Technika, Vilnius, 682-687.
- Ustinovicius L., Barvidas A., Vishnevskaja A., Ashikhmin V.I. (2009), Multicriteria verbal analysis for the decision of construction problems, "Technological and Economic Development of Economy", 15(2), 326-340. doi: 10.3846/1392-8619.2009. 15.326-340
- Ustinovičius L., Kochin D. (2008), The possibilities of verbal decision analysis methods for construction solutions. "International journal of environment and pollution (IJEP)", 10th Conference on Decision Making in Project Management Leipzig, Germany, May 19-20, 2005. Geneva: Inderscience Enterprises Ltd. 35(2/4) 366-384.
- Ustinovicius L., Kochin D., Kutut V., Shevchenko G. (2008b), Verbal analysis of renovation investment strategy of old town in The 25th International Symposium on Automation and Robotics in Construction (ISARC 2008): selected papers, June 26-29, 2008 Vilnius, Lithuania. Technika, Vilnius, 397-410.
- Zavadskas E.K., Turskis Z. (2011), Multiple criteria decision making (MCDM) methods in economics: an overview. "Technological and Economic Development of Economy", Technika, Vilnius, Vol. 17, no 2 397-427. doi: 10.3846/20294913.2011.593291.
- Zavadskas E.K., Turskis Z., Ustinovichius L., Shevchenko G. (2010), Attributes weights determining peculiarities in multiple attribute decision making methods. "Inžinerinė ekonomika - Engineering economics", Technologija, Kaunas, 1(21), 32-43.
- Zavadskas E.K., Ustinovichius L., Turskis Z., Shevchenko G. (2008), Application of Verbal Methods to Multi-Attribute Comparative Analysis of Investments Risk Alternatives in Construction. "Computer Modelling and New Technologies", 12(4), 30-37.