Policy Analysis Matrix: An Analysis of the Effectiveness of State Agricultural Policy for the Dairy Sector in Ukraine
Dairy production in Ukraine, as well as worldwide, is an important sector of the economy which ensures the food security of the country. The Ukrainian dairy sector has many unsolved systematic problems, foremost of which is the decrease in cow productivity and the number of cows. This directly influences the decrease of total milk production, and, as a result, a deficit on the food market. Today, the Ukrainian government has to focus on improving dairy sector support in order to ensure its effectiveness in the future. PAM-analysis was used to evaluate the effectiveness of state agricultural policy in the dairy sector. Research results show that the production system of Ukraine can ensure profitable milk production in private and social prices. But, while dairy producers benefit from cheap internal resources, state policy in the dairy sector impacts profitability of milk production by production trade factors. (original abstract)
- Monke E., Pearson S. : Policy analysis matrix for agricultural development, Cornell University Press, Ithaca, NY.
- Morris M. : Determining Comparative Advantage through DRC Analysis: Guidelines Emerging from CIMMYT's Experience. CIMMYT Economics Paper No. 1. Mexico City, Mexico.
- Nelson G., Panggabean M. : The Costs of Indonesian Sugar Policy: A Policy Analysis Matrix Approach. American Journal of Agricultural Economics 73, p. 704-712.
- Ramanovich M. : Policy Analysis Matrix: an analysis of dairy sector in Belarus, IFCN Dairy research center, Kiel, Germany.
- State Statistics Service of Ukraine : Statistical yearbook of Ukraine, Kiev [Available at]: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua
- Yao, S. : Comparative Advantage and Crop Diversification: A Policy Analysis Matrix for Thai Agriculture, J. Agri. Econ., 48, p. 211-222.