Price Linkage Between Milling and Feed Wheat Prices in Poland and Germany
The aim of the paper was to analyse spatial price transmission in the wheat market in Poland and Germany. The analysis was conducted with the use of weekly milling and feed wheat price series and cointegration framework. The results confirm high linkage between prices in Poland and Germany as well as allow us to identify Germany as the price-leading market. However, as the self-sufficiency in the German wheat market has deteriorated, there are signals of growing importance of the Polish market in the milling wheat price formation. (original abstract)
- Abdulai A. : Spatial price transmission and asymmetry in the Ghanaian maize market. Journal of Development Studies, 63, 327-349.
- Ardeni P.G. : Does the Law of One Price really hold for commodity prices? American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 71, 303-328.
- Baffes J., Ajwad M. : Identifying price linkages: a review of the literature and an application to the world market of cotton, Applied Economics, 33, 1927-1941.
- Baffes J. : Some further evidence on the Law of One Price. American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 4, 21-37.
- Baldi L., Peri M., Vandone D. : Price Discovery in Agricultural Commodities: the Shifting Relationship between Spot and Futures Prices. Paper Presented at the EAAE 2011 Congress, Change and Uncertainty Challenges for Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources, August 30-September 2, Zurich.
- Esposti R., Listorti G. : Agricultural Price Transmission Across Space and Commodities During Price Bubbles. Paper presented at the EAAE 2011 Congress, Change and Uncertainty Challenges for Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources, August 30 September 2, Zurich.
- European Commission : High Prices on Agricultural Commodity Markets: Situation and Prospects. A Review of Causes of High Prices and Outlook for World Agricultural Markets. European Commission, Directorate General for Agriculture and Rural Development, Brussels.
- European Commission : High Commodity Prices and Volatility. What Lies Behind the Roller Coaster Ride? Agricultural Markets Brief, n.1/June, Directorate General for Agriculture and Rural Development, Agricultural Trade Policy Analysis Unit, Brussels.
- Gardner B.L. : The Farm-Retail Price Spread in a Competitive Food Industry. American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 59, 399-409.
- Hassouneh I., Serra T., Gil J.M. : Non-Parametric and Parametric Modeling of Biodiesel - Sunflower Oil - Crude Oil Price Relationships. Paper presented at the EAAE 2011 Congress, Change and Uncertainty Challenges for Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources, August 30-September 2, Zurich.
- Irwin S.H., Good D.L. : Market Instability in a New Era of Corn, Soybean, and Wheat Prices. Choices, 24 (1), 6-11
- Kusideł E. : Modelowanie wektorowo-autoregresyjne VAR. Metodologia i zastosowanie w badaniach ekonomicznych [in:] Dane panelowe i modelowanie wielowymiarowe w badaniach ekonomicznych.Absolwent, Łódź.
- Lűtkepohl H., Krätzig M. : Applied Time Series Econometrics. Cambridge University Press. New York.
- Mitchell D. O., Mielke M. : Wheat: The Global Market, Policies and Priorities, in Global Agricultural Trade and Developing Countries, World Bank, Washington D.C.
- Mundlak Y., Larson D.F. : On the transmission of world agricultural prices. World Bank Economic Review, 6, 399-422.
- Quiroz J.A., Soto R. : International Price signals in agricultural markets: do governments care? Unpublished mimeo, GERENS and ILADES/Georgetown University.
- Rembeza J. : Transmisja cen w gospodarce polskiej, Wydawnictwo Uczelnianie PK, Koszalin.
- Saadi H. : Price Co-movements in International Markets and Their Impacts on Price Dynamics [in:] Piot-Lepetit, I. and M'Barek, R., Methods to Analyse Agricultural Commodity Price Volatility. Berlin: Springer Verlag, p. 149-164.
- Sharma R. : The transmission of world price signals: concepts, issues and some evidence from Asian cereal markets. Paper submitted to the OECD Global Forum on Agriculture, OECD CCNM/GF/AGR(2002)10.
- Tomek W.G., Robinson K.L. : Kreowanie cen artykułów rolnych, PWN, Warszawa.
- Tsay R.S. : Analysis of Financial Time Series. John Wiley & Sons, New Jersey.
- Von Cramon-Taubadel S., Meyer J. : Asymmetric Price Transmission: Fact or Artefact? Paper for the 71th EAAE Seminar: The food consumer in the early 21st century, in Zaragoza, Spain, 19-20 April 2001.