Zróżnicowanie aspiracji zawodowych młodych pracowników w Polsce - wnioski na podstawie danych BAEL
Differences in Occupational Aspirations of Young People in Poland
The purpose of this article is to assess the proper length of the educational period which is consistent with occupational aspirations of young people, considered as a kind of effectiveness. In order to establish the results we use data envelopment analysis (DEA) and data collected from chosen respondents of Labour Force Survey (in polish BAEL). In general, the most ineffective appeared tertiary education level, by which we mean its educational time can be harshly reduced without lost of effectiveness or, in other words, the occupational aspirations of young people are not fulfilled, especially for themost educated. We have found also the differences in effectiveness between divisions of economic activity coherent with financial conditions. (original abstract)
- Bates J., 1997, Measuring predetermined socioeconomic "inputs" when assessing the efficiency of educational outputs, "Applied Economics", t. 29.
- Bessent A., Bessent W., Kennington J., Reagan B., 1982, An application of mathematical programming to asses productivity in the Houston independent school district, "Management Science", t. 28, nr 12.
- Bessent A., Bessent W., Elam J., Long D., 1984, Educational productivity council employs managerial science methods to improve educational quality, "Interfaces", t. 14, nr 6.
- Breu T., Raab R., 1994, Efficiency and perceived quality of the nation's "Top 25" national universities and national liberal art colleges: An application of data envelopment analysis to higher education, "Socio-Economical Planning Science", t. 28, nr 1.
- Byrnes P., Freeman M., 1999, Using DEA measures of efficiency and effectiveness in contractors performance fund allocation, "Public Productivity & Management Review", t. 23, nr 2.
- Charnes A., Cooper W., Rhodes E., 1978, Measuring the efficiency of decision making units, "European Journal of Operational Research", t. 2, nr 6.
- Thanassoulis E., Dunstan P., 1994, Guiding schools to improved performance using data envelopment analysis: An illustration with data from a local education authority, "Journal of Operational Research Society", t. 45, nr 11.
- Thanassoulis E., 1996a, Assessing the effectiveness of schools with pupils of different ability using data envelopment analysis, "Journal of Operational Research Society", t. 47, nr 1.
- Thanassoulis E., 1996b, Altering the bias in differential school effectiveness using data envelopment analysis, "Journal of Operational Research Society", t. 47, nr 7.