Factors Influencing Export of Financial Services
Almost all countries in the world are involved in the world trade of financial services. However, whereas for most countries the export of financial services is only a side result of their foreign economic activities, for some countries it composes a constitutive source of income. The purpose of the current research is to determine the factors that influence the export of financial services thereby explaining the differences in geographic allocation of financial services export throughout the world. For achieving this purpose, such research methodology as analysis of selected literature on financial services, an expert survey, as well as mathematical processing of the obtained research data have been used. The result of the research has reflected common factors, which according to the financial experts' opinion have the most significant influence on any country's export of financial services. (original abstract)
- Black, Henry Campbell (1995), A Law Dictionary. 2nd edition, Union, New Jersey: The Lawbook Exchange, 2008.
- Byungsik J. (2009), Jurisprudence for prudential measures in international trade in financial services, American University Washington, D.C. 20016.
- Budd L. (1999), Globalisation and the crisis of territorial embeddedness of international financial markets, [in:] R. Martin (ed.), Money and the space economy, John Wiley & Sons, Chichester.
- City of London (2010), GFCI: Global Financial Centres 7, Z/Yen Group Ltd., England, http://www.mondovisione.com/pdf/GFC7.pdf (23.11.2010.).
- Clark G. (2005), London in the European financial services industry: Locational advantage and produced complementarities, "Journal of Economic Geography", 2.
- Corbridge S., Martin R., Thrift N. (eds.) (1994), Money, power and space, Blackwell, Oxford.
- Harvey D. (1989), The condition of postmodernity: An enquiry into the origins of cultural change, Basil Blackwell, Oxford.
- Laulajainen R. (2003), Financial geography: A banker's view, Routledge, London and New York.
- Leyshon A. and Thirft N. (1997), Money/space: Geographies of monetary transformation, Routledge, London and New York.
- Lindemane M. (2010), The influence of global crisis on trade in financial services, "Journal of Business Management", No. 3.
- Lindemane M. (2011), Financial services export by Baltic banks, "BEH - Business and Economic Horizons", Vol. 4, Issue 1.
- Linstone H., Turloff M. (1975), The Delphi method: Techniques and applications, Addison-Wesley, London.
- Martin R., ed. (1999), Money and the space economy, John Wiley & Sons, Chichester.
- Porteous D. (1999), The development of financial centres: Location, information, externalities and path dependence, [in:] Money and the space economy, John Wiley & Sons, Chichester.
- Pryke M. (1991), An international city going global: Spatial change in the City of London, "Environment and Planning: Society and Space", 9.
- Sassen S. (2001), The global city: New York, London, Tokyo, Princeton University Press, Princeton and Oxford.
- Skinner Ch. (2007), The Future of Banking in a Globalised World, John Wiley & Sons, England.
- Sokol M. (2007), Space of Flows, Uneven Regional Development, and the Geography of Financial Services in Ireland, "Growth and Change", Vol. 38 No. 2.
- Taylor P., Beaverstock J.V., Cook G., Pandit N., Pain K. (2003), Financial services clustering and its significance for London, The Corporation of London.
- Thrift N. (1994), On the social and cultural determinants of international financial centres: The case of City of London, [in:] Money, power and space, Blackwell, Oxford.
- The Heritage Foundation (2010), Index of Economic Freedom, http://www.heritage.org/index (05.12.2010).
- The World Bank (2010), Doing Business, http://www.doingbusiness.org/ (12.02.2011).
- World Trade Organization (2010), International Trade Statistics 2010. III. Trade in commercial services by category, WTO, http://www.wto.org/english/res_e/statis_e/its2010_e/its10_toc_e.htm (15.02.2011).
- World Economic Forum (2010), Financial Development Report. http://www.weforum.org/issues/financial-development/ (15.02.2011).
- World Economic Forum (2010), Global Competitiveness Report http://www.weforum.org/issues/global-competitiveness (15.02.2011).
- United Nations Service Trade Statistics Database, Financial services, http://unstats.un.org/unsd/ServiceTrade/syslogin.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2funsd%2fservicetrade%2fmr%2fdaCommoditiesResults.aspx%3fcc%3d26 0&cc=260 (16.02.2011).