The Role of Financial Intermediaries for the Development of the Jeremie Initiative in Poland
The financial intermediaries examined in this study play a significant role in the Jeremie Initiative which is being developed in our country - including the province of West Pomerania where it is being performed in a very intense way. JEREMIE (Joint Europe-an Resources for Micro-to-Medium Enterprises) is a support mechanism for micro, small and medium enterprises realized outside the EU grant scheme as an initiative of the European Commission, European Investment Bank (EIB) and European Investment Fund (EIF), based on revolving instruments. The Initiative was established in order to fill the financial gap relating to financial assistance instruments for small and medium enterprises as well as increase demand for capital including risk capital for enterprises, especially the smallest ones which perform their activity regionally.(fragment of text)
- Akerlof, G. (1970). The Market for Lemons: Quality Uncertainty and the Market Mech-anism. The Quarterly Journal of Economics, 84 (3).
- Armendariz de Aghion, B. & Morduch, J. (2005). The Economics of Microfinance, Cambridge, Massachusetts London, England: Massachusetts Institute of Technol-ogy The MIT Press.
- Ashta, A. (2007). An Introduction to Microcredit: Why money is flowing from the rich to the poor, Cahiers du CEREN Working Papers. 21.
- Bogacka-Kisiel, E. (2000). Usługi i procedury bankowe, Wrocław: Wydawnictwo Akademii Ekonomicznej im. O. Langego we Wrocławiu.
- Council Regulation (EC) No 1083/2006 of 11 July 2006 laying down general provisions on the European Regional Development Fund, the European Social Fund and the Cohesion Fund and repealing Regulation (EC), No. 1260/1999, art. 36.
- Freixas, X. & Rochet, J-Ch. (2008). Microeconomics of Banking, Massachusetts: The MIT Press Cambridge, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Mishkin, F.S. (2004). The Economics of Money, Banking, and Financial Markets. Sev-enth Edition: Pearson Addison Wesley.
- Stiglitz, J.E. & Weiss, A. (1980). Credit rationing in markets with imperfect infor-mation. Part 1, Econometric Research Program, Research Memorandum No. 267.
- Waliszewski, K. (2010). Pośrednictwo kredytowe w Polsce. Warszawa: CeDeWu.