Service Quality as a Profil Strategy in Marketing: The Service-Profit Chain Model
Service quality in marketing of goods or services is getting more important day by day. Because competition in every sector is becoming more severe in a global world market. High service quality is one of the key elements to increase customer satisfaction and loyalty. At the same time it is one of the main factors in profitability, development, and sustainability of businesses. In this article, it is empasized the importance of service quality in customer satisfaction and loyalty. Service-profit chain model is examined. As the case study, some research findings from academical and managerial perspectives are summarized. And some proposals are made to promote high quality services as an important aspect of successful marketing management.(author's abstract)
- Al-Rousan, R.M. & Mohamed, B. (2010). Customer Loyalty and the Impacts of Service Quality: The Case of Five Star Hotels in Jordan. International Journal of Business, Economics, Finance and Management Sciences. 2:3.
- Al-Tamimi, W.S. Hasoneh, A.I. & Rezqallah, I.E.L. (2009). Service-Profit Chain Analysis in the Telecommunications Sector Jordanian Perspective on the Mobile Sub-Sector "The Case of Orange Mobile". European Journal of Economics, Finance and Administrative Sciences. Issue 17.
- Berry, L.L. Parasuraman, A. & Zeithaml, V.A. (1994). Improving service quality in America: Lessons learned. Academy oi Management Executive. Vol. 8, No. 2.
- Bitner, M.J. et al. (1997). Customer Contributions and Roles in Service Delivery. International Journal of Service Industry Management. Vol. 8, No. 3, pp. 193-205.
- Businessdictionary (2012). Quality (online), www.businessdictionary. com/definition/ quality.html