The Importance of Meetings and Incentive Travel in Times of Economic Growth for India and Poland
Incentive travel as a motivational tool is now in widespread use and its role is expected to increase in importance in the future. As a fast growing country and important member of the European Union, Poland has the potential to become an important player in this field. Likewise, when considering the significance of South Asia, we can admit exactly the same about India. The purpose of this research paper is to focus on incentive travel as a new part of the meetings industry in which Poland and India have started to operate. Using answers from incentive planners, and interpreting the results of conference calls and interviews, this paper will present the pros and cons of Poland and India as an incentive destination, taking into account characteristics of outbound and inbound incentive markets. (original abstract)
- Adler R.B., Rosenfeld L.B.,Towne N., Proctor II R.F. Interplay. The process of interpersonal communication, Harcourt Brace College Publishers, Fort Worth 1998.
- Celuch K., Davidson R., "Better business results through motivational experiences and incentive travel", Vistula University, Site, Warsaw 2011.
- Celuch K.: "Communicating in incentive travel", AWF Warsaw 2007.
- Celuch K.: "Poland Meetings and Events Industry Report"; Polish Tourist Organisation 2012.
- Conference materials: Site ESNEP, Warsaw 2007.
- Conference materials: Site Academy for Young Leaders in Reykjavík 2009.
- Davidson R., Cope B.: "Business Travel", Polish Tourist Organization 2003.
- Marchildon P., CITE "Canadian Banks: Emerging Users of Incentives and Travel", 1997.
- Myers G.E., Myers M.T., The dynamics of human communication. A laboratory approach, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1992.
- Obront L., CITE "The importance of incentives in times of economic downturn," 2002.
- Poland Conference Market Survey, Polish Tourist Organization, 2007.
- ROI Incentive Marketing, the Business Group Inc., 2002.
- Society of Incentive & Travel Executives Foundation Studies.
- Swiatecki A., "New incentive in Poland". ELECT Business Service & Travel, Warszawa 2005.
- Swiatecki A., "Incentive in Polish", Best Eastern Plaza Hotels, Warszawa, 1999.
- The Incentive Travel Case Study Book, SITE, 1990.
- India as a Global Conventions Destination Prospects & Strategies, Study to Quantify the Size, Scope and Economic Impact of India's Convention Industry, Institute of Management Bangalore 2011