Lean Organizational Culture as an Example of a Positive Organizational Culture
In this article the attributes of Lean organizational culture, as an example of a positive organizational culture, are presented. It accompanies applying the concept of Lean Management on a high professional level in a company. An additional goal of the article is to describe the ways of this culture's creation in a company, together with the author's original tool to measure it. As a lot of empirical research proves, Lean Management and thus Lean organizational culture positively contribute to the increase of competitiveness level of a contemporary enterprise and its economic and financial performance. (original abstract)
- Ballé, M., Ballé, F. (2012), Company's Director as Lean Manager. Novel About Company's Transformation, LEIP Publisher, Wrocław.
- Ballé, M. (2008), "Lean Transformation", seminar materials of VIII International Conference of Lean Manufacturing, LEIP, Wrocław.
- Byrne, A. (2013), How to Revolutionize a Company Thanks to Lean Management, LEIP Publisher, Wrocław.
- Cameron, K.S., Quin, R.E. (2003), Organizational Culture - Diagnosis and Change, Oficyna Ekonomiczna Publisher, Kraków.
- Czerska, M. (2003a), Culture Change of Organization. Challenge for Modern Manager, Difin, Warszawa.
- Czerska, M. (2003b), "Condition of culture in business organization", Skalik, J. (Ed.), Behaviours of Organization Towards Critical Phenomena, Cornetis, Wrocław, pp. 547 - 565.
- Davis, S.M. (1984), Managing Corporate Culture, Ballinger Publishing, Cambridge, UK.
- Dyer, W.G. jr (1985), "The Cycle of Cultural Evolution in Organization", Kilmann R.H., Gaining Control, of the Corporate Culture, Josey-Bass Publishing, San Francisco, Clifornia.
- Grajewski, P. (2003), The concept of the structure of the process organization, Dom Organizatora Publisher, Toruń.
- Goldratt, E.M. (2007), Objective I: Excellence in manufacturing, MINT Books Publisher, Warszawa 2007.
- Haffer, R., Glińska-Neweś, A. (2013), "Positive potential of organization as a determiner of a company's success. Case of Poland and France", Zarządzanie i Finanse, Vol. 11, No 4/1, pp. 91 - 100.
- Henderson, B.A., Larco, J.L. (2002), Lean Transformation: How to Change Your Busines into a Lean Enterprise, The Oaklea Press, Richmond, Virginia.
- Hofstede, G. (2000), Cultures and Organization, PWE Publisher, Warszawa.
- Irani, Z., Beskese, A., Love, P.E.D. (2004), "Total quality management and corporate culture: constructs of organisational excellence", Technovation, No. 24, pp. 643 - 650, available at: http://faculty.mu.edu.sa/public/uploads/1360858864.9557organizational%20cult183.pdf , accessed 16 February 2014).DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/s0166-4972(02)00128-1
- Jenei, I., Imre, N., Losonci, D. (2011), "What is lean culture - and how to measureit?", materials of 18th International Annual EurOMA Conference, Cambridge, UK, available at: http://www.uni-corvinus.hu/index.php?id=41618&type=p&file_id=264 , (accessed 15 October 2013).
- Kilmann, R.H., Covin, T.Y. and Associates (1988), Corporate Transformation Revitalizing Organizations for a Competitive World, Josey-Bass Publishing, San Francisco, Clifornia.
- Kotter, J.P., Heskett, J.L. (1992), Corporate Culture and Performance, MacMillan International, Oxford, UK.
- Liker, J. (2005), The Toyota Way. 14 Rules of Management of a Worldwide Leading Producing Company, MT Biznes Publisher, Warszawa.
- Liker, J., Hoseus, M. (2009), Toyota Culture, MT Biznes Publisher, Warszawa. Mann, D.W. (2005), Creating a Lean Culture. Tools to Sustain Lean Conversion, Productivity Press, New York.
- Morfopoulos, P., Jóźwiak, G., Malinowski, R., Pastwa, M., Bąk, K. (2009), "Practical knowledge of successes and mistakes while implementing Lean in two companies", Koch, T. (Ed.), IX International Conference of Lean Manufacturing, conference materials, LEIP, Wrocław, pp. 93 - 113.
- Nogalski, B., Walentynowicz, P. (2009), "Help in raising competetiveness of business partners as one of fundamental background of Lean Management concept", Juchniewicz, M. (Ed.) Factors and Sources of Competitive Advantage, UWM Publisher, Olsztyn, pp. 33 - 44.
- Oakland, J. (2011) "Leadership and policy deployment. The backbone of TQM", Total Quality Management & Business Excelence, Vol. 22, Issue 5, pp. 517 - 534, available at: http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/14783363.2011.579407