E-learning - kierunki rozwoju oraz główne strategie zastosowania
E-learning - Toll of Promotion and Development Knowledge Supply in Organizations
W opracowaniu autor stara się przedstawić zarówno koncepcje rozwojowe, główne strategie oraz ocenę korzyści z zagrożeń wykorzystywania e-learningu z punktu widzenia przedsiębiorstwa, jak również indywidualnego użytkownika. (fragment tekstu)
E-learning, as a quite new system that mixes new technology and education is currently implemented in almost every field of educational system, from primary schools, universities to business aspects. Now knowledge is one of the most valued factors, which determines advantage on competitive market. During short, but intensive history of e-learning appeared also new conception of using e-leaming tools, which depends on a way of creating and deploying content, communication channels (mobile, smart phone, PDA), combining with other types of training (especially face to face learning) and purpose of e-learning course. These are: - rapid e-learning - dedicated to transfer quick and precise information to bottom user, - mobile learning - inseparable related to e-learning, as conception of using knowledge, and e-courses on the go, - blended learning - mixture of traditional process of education and e- learning system, which provides greater effectiveness than a single method, - edu-marketing - treats e-learning as an educational and marketing tool. Along with e-learning comes different profits, like from company's point of view: reducing or eliminating some costs of trainings, unified broadcast, effectiveness of e-courses, speed and flexibility of delivered content, control over training effects. Users get: optimization of time invested to training, attractive way of learning and possibility of taking a course anytime and anywhere. However, there are also some threats and inconveniences related to e-leaming. That is why, it is crucial to answer some questions, that allows properly implement e-leaming system in organization: "how to implement?", "what kind of profits will organization get?", "what kind of threats and what chances company can face?", "is company ready to implement e-leaming system, or does it need help?". Market trends and technological development shows that companies and organizations should not ask themselves "implement e-leaming or not?", but "when?". (original abstract)
- A blog from T. Cocheu, CEO of Altus Learning Systems and Board of Directors of eLearning Forum, may 2005.
- Clarke A., E-learning, nauka na odległość, Wydawnictwo Komunikacji i Łączności, Warszawa 2007.
- Clarke D.J., Issue, E-Learning: Big Bang or Steady Evolution, E-learning Technologies 2002, January 2002.
- Duncan-Howell J., Lee K.-T., M-learning: Finding a place for mobile technologies within tertiary educational settings within tertiary educational settings. In ICT: Providing choices for learners and learning. Proceedings ascilite, Singapore 2007.
- Fox M., Rapid E-Learning: Opportunities and Pitfalls, Kineo Briefing, Kineo Briefing: Rapid E-leaming, Kineo 2006.
- Heinze A., Procter C., Reflections On The Use Of Blended Learning, Education in a Changing Environment, Conference proceedings 13th-14th September 2004.
- Higher Education Online, http://www.highereducationonlinereport.com/historyof eleaming.html z dnia 04.10.2008.
- Hyla M., E-learning - od pomysłu do rozwiązania, Solidex, Kraków 2003.
- Hyla M., Przewodnik po e-learningu, Wolters Kluwer Polska, Kraków 2007.
- Jennifer De Vries J., Rapid E-Learning: What Works™, Bersin & Associates 2004.
- Jimenz R., 3Minute e-learning, Vignettes for Training, Monogatari Press 2007.
- Metcalf II D.S., De Marco J.M., mLearning: Mobile Learning and Performance in the Palm of Your Hand, HRD Press, Inc, Amherst 2006.
- Powered Inc., Online Consumer Education Leader Continues Momentum with New Round of Financing, Business Wire, April 4, 2006, www.thefreelibrary.com.
- Roesenberg M.J., Beyond e-learning, Pfeiffer, San Francisco 2006.
- Rosset A., The ASTD E-learning Handbook, Best practices, Strategies and Case studies, McGraw-Hill, New York 2002.
- The E-leaming Guild, The Blended Learning Best Practices Survey, February 10th and March 5, 2003.