Waving the Google Flag for Inter-institutional Class Collaborations
The University of Illinois at Springfield and the Institute of Technology, Sligo Ireland are building a model of inter-institutional online class collaborations using the preview version of Google Wave. In test waves during the fall semester of 2009, the two universities joined students in a multi-week collaboration on the topic of Internet impact on energy sustainability perceptions in Europe and the U.S. The collaboration was less about the topic and more about identifying the features of the new collaboration tool that work best in facilitating student group work and instructor engagement. The results of this test will be implemented in further collaborations to be tested in a variety of disciplines by both institutions. (original abstract)
- Company profile on hoover's - google, inc, 2009, http://www.hoovers.com/company/Google_Inc/hsrfri-1.html.
- Corporate information - our philosophy, September 2009, http://www.google.com/corporate/tenthings.html.
- Gulati S., Constructivism and emerging online learning pedagogy: a discussion for formal to acknowledge and promote the informal, 7 April 2004, http://www.leeds.ac.uk/educol/documents/00003562.htm.
- La Boltz D., The Decline of manufacturing and machine tools, and the future of American industry and the working class, "Monthly Review", 24 July 2009, http://www.monthlyreview.org/mrzine/labotz240709.html.
- Rasmussen L., Went walkabout. Brought back google wave, 28 May 2009, http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2009/05/went-walkabout-brought-back-google-wave.html.
- Schroeder R.E., Recession reality in higher education, 8 January 2010, http://recessionreality.blogspot.com.
- Sthapornnanon N., Sakulbumrungsil R., Theeraroungchaisri A., Watcharadamrongkun S., Social constructivist learning environment in an online professional, "American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education", 2009, 73(1), http://www.ajpe.org/aj7301/aj730110/aj730110.pdf.
- Swan K., Relationships between interactions and learning, 2004, http://sloan-c.org/publications/books/pdf/interactions.pdf.
- Zach L., Agosto D., Using the Online learning environment to develop real-life collaboration and knowledge-sharing skills: a theoretical discussion and framework for online course design. MERLOT Journal of Online Learning and Teaching, 5(4), 2009, http://jolt.merlot.org/vol5no4/zach_1209.pdf.