A Middleware Architecture for Mobile Social Networking with Intelligent Energy Saving
In recent years, middleware for social mobile networking has attracted the attention of academia, causing the design and development of various approaches by researchers. This type of middleware facilitates and makes more efficient the development process of mobile social networking applications. Furthermore, middleware solutions also abstract the communication process with other applications, allowing the acquisition, persistence and reuse of social context information and location of users, be sides providing an API so that developers can access this information quickly and build new social applications. With a view to supporting this new trend of research, in this paper we propose a middleware architecture for mobile social networking called My-Direct which will make use of Wi-Fi Direct as a solution to improve the connectivity between the nodes of the social network. Along with My-Direct also created an intelligent mechanism for the management of mobile resources in order to reduce energy consumption. (original abstract)
- Basuga M., Belavic R., Slipcevic A., Podobnik V., Petric A., Lovrek I., "The MAgNet: Agent-based Middleware Enabling Social Networking for Mobile Users," in Proc. 10th International Conference on Telecommunications (ConTEL), pp. 89-96, 2009.
- Borcea C., Gupta A., Kalra A., "The mobisoc middleware for mobile social computing: challenges, design, and early experiences", 2008.
- Bottazzi D., Montanari R., Toninelli A., "Context-Aware Middleware for Anytime, Anywhere Social Networks," in IEEE Intelligent Systems, Vol. 22, pp.23-32, 2007.
- Carroll A., Heiser G., "An analysis of power consumption in a smartphone," Proceedings of the 2010 USENIX Conference, 2010.
- Castelli G., Rosi A., Zambonelli F., "Design and implementation of a socially-enhanced pervasive middleware," Pervasive Computing and Communications Workshops (PERCOM Workshops), 2012 IEEE International Conference, pp.137-142, March 2012.
- Endler M., Skyrme A., Schuster D., Springer T., "Defining situated social context for pervasive social computing" in Pervasive Computing and Communications Workshops (PERCOM Workshops), 2011 IEEE International Conference, pp. 519 -524, March 2011.
- Gupta A., Kalra A., Boston D., Borcea C., "MobiSoC: A Middleware for Mobile Social Computing Applications," Mobile Networks and Applications, Vol. 14, pp. 35-52, 2009.
- Holanda M., Araújo A., Queiroz A., de Castro J.; "MobiSN: A framework for developing mobile social networks in MANET". Information Systems and Technologies (CISTI), 2012 7th Iberian Conference, pp.1-5, June 2012.
- Kalofonos D.N., Antoniou Z., "A Hybrid P2P/Infrastructure Platform for Personal and Social Internet Services". Proceedings of the 19th IEEE Personal, Indoor, and Mobile Radio Communications Symposium - Applications, Services & Business Track (PIMRC '08), Cannes, France, pp.1-6, September 2008.
- Kalofonos D.N., Antoniou Z., Reynolds F.D., Van-kleek M., Strauss J., Wisner P., "MyNet: A Platform for Secure P2P Personal and Social Networking Services," in Proceedings of the 2008 Sixth Annual IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications, pp. 135-146, March 2008.
- Karan A., Mohamed N., "Middleware for Mobile Social Networks: A Survey," System Science (HICSS), 2012 45th Hawaii International Conference, pp.1482-1490, Jan. 2012.
- Kern S., Braun P., Rossak W., "MobiSoft: An Agent-Based Middleware for Social-Mobile Applications," in On the Move to Meaningful Internet Systems: OTM 2006 Workshops, vol. 4277, pp. 984-993, Springer Berlin/Heidelberg, 2006.
- Nguyen H., "Mobile Social Network and Its Open Research Problems". Available: http://www2.cs.uh.edu/~rzheng/course/COSC7388sp11/MSN.pdf, 2010.
- Perrucci G.P., Fitzek F.H.P., Widmer J., "Survey on Energy Consumption Entities on the Smartphone Platform," 2011 IEEE 73rd Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC Spring), pp. 1-6, May 2011
- Pietilainen A., Oliver E., Lebrun J., Varghese G., Diot C., "MobiClique: Middleware for Mobile Social Networking," in Proceedings of the 2nd ACM Workshop on Online Social Networks, Barcelona, Spain, pp. 49-54, 2009.
- Santos D.B.A., "Infraestrutura para o Desenvolvimento de Aplicações Pervasivas Cientes de Redes Sociais". Dissertação de Mestrado. Universidade Federal de Campina Grande. Centro de Engenharia Elétrica e Informática. Campina Grande. Maio de 2011.