Wireless Sensor Based Monitoring and Content Management System for Agricultural Application
This paper presents a Zigbee-based wireless sensor network system with an integrated hardware implementation and content management function for web-based monitoring in a greenhouse environment. The Zigbee is based on the TI CC2530 System on Chip and composed of key sensors such as a temperature, relative humidity and light intensity sensors. The content management system is based on open source software Joomla. The system provides the semi-real time monitoring of the environmental parameters with an epoch time of five minutes. In addition, it also provides a monitoring graph and the mean value of the parameter being measure with its High and Low value for a particular day monitoring. The proposed system has been implemented and tested in Dai-Yun Organic Farm in Taiwan that cultivate vegetable crops, the system performance showed the potential applications for precision agriculture and other fields. (original abstract)
- Anastasi G., Farruggia O., Lo Re G., Ortolani M., Monitoring high-quality wine production using wireless sensor networks. In 42st Hawaii International International Conference on Systems Science (HICSS-42 2009): Waikoloa, Big Island, HI, USA, 2009
- Baishun S., Yuhui H., "Design of Greenhouse Wireless Monitoring System Based on ZigBee," E-Product E-Service and E-Entertainment (ICEEE), 2010 International Conference on , vol., no., pp.1,4, 7-9 Nov. 2010
- Content Management Bible, Bob Boiko. John Wiley & Sons, 2005.
- Giacomelli G. A., Patterson R. L., Sadler P.D., "Telepresence technologies and practices for enabling remote semi-autonomous CEA Food Production," ISHS Acta Horticulturae, vol. 761, pp. 21-31, 2007.
- IEEE, Wireless Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY) Specifications: Higher-speed physical layer extension in the 2.4 GHz band. IEEE standard 802.11b. In IEEE. The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc: New York, NY, USA, 1999.
- Intersil Americas Inc, "Integrated Digital Ambient Light Sensor with Interrupt Function", product datasheet, March 3 2009.
- Jensen G M. H., "Controlled Environment agriculture in deserts, tropics and temperate regions - A World Review," Acta Hort. (ISHS), vol. 578, pp. 19-25, 2002.
- Sensirion company, " SHT1x (SHT10, SHT11, SHT15) Humidity and Temperature Sensor ", product datasheet, ver4.3, May 2010.
- Texas Insteruments, "A True System-on-Chip Solution for 2.4-GHz IEEE 802.15.4 and ZigBee Applications", Product datasheet, Feb 2011
- What is Joomla?.(2013, May 15). Retrieved from http://www.joomla.org/about-joomla.html
- Yiming Z., Xianglong Y., Xishan G., Mingang Z., Liren W., "A Design of Greenhouse Monitoring & Control System Based on ZigBee Wireless Sensor Network," Wireless Communications, Networking and Mobile Computing, 2007. WiCom 2007. International Conference on , vol., no., pp.2563,2567, 21-25 Sept. 2007