IaaS Cloud Model for e-Ordering and e-Invoicing
This paper addresses the modeling of an IaaS cloud e-Ordering and e-Invoicing solution. We have faced several challenges in the process of migration of the existing web application on the cloud, such as the reorganization of the proposed noncloud model and the definition of the software modules that can communicate in a dynamic environment with various number of virtual machines. In the design process we have classified two kinds of software modules: static and dynamic. The classification is based on the level of required elasticity and scalability, as well as the activity that is associated with the corresponding module (tool). To finalize implementation of this idea, we have developed indicators to determine the required conditions for activation of additional cloud resources, or deactivation of involved resources. The result of this design process is a new cost effective solution with increased availability and performance compared to the non-cloud model. We have also recognized the advantages and disadvantages of such cloud solution, and discussed the characteristics that make our approach unique. (original abstract)
- Amazon, "Ec2," May 2013. [Online]. Available: http://aws.amazon.com/ec2/
- Armbrust M., Fox A., Griffith R., Joseph A., Katz R., Konwinski A., Lee G., Patterson D., Rabkin A., Stoica I. et al., "A View of Cloud Computing," Comm. of the ACM, vol. 53, no. 4, pp. 50-58, 2010.
- Association O., "About OpenPEPPOL," Feb. 2013. [Online]. Available: http://www.peppol.eu
- Barham P., Dragovic B., Fraser K., Hand S., Harris T., Ho A., Neugebauer R., Pratt I., Warfield A., "Xen and the art of virtualization," ACM SIGOPS Operating Systems Review, vol. 37, no. 5, pp. 164-177, 2003.
- Bof F., Previtali P., "National models of public (e)-procurement in europe," Journal of E-Government Studies and Best Practices, vol. 5, pp. 1-14, 2010.
- Boss G., Malladi P., Quan D., Legregni L., Hall H., "Cloud computing," IBM white paper, vol. 1369, 2007.
- Carayannis E.G., Popescu D., "Profiling a methodology for economic growth and convergence: learning from the eu eprocurement experience for central and eastern european countries," Technovation, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 1 - 14, 2005. [Online]. Available: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0166497203000713
- Crosby S., Brown D., "The Virtualization Reality: Are hypervisors the new foundation for system software?" ACM queue - Computer Architecture, vol. 4, no. 10, Dec. 2006. [Online]. Available: http://queue.acm.org/detail.cfm?id=1189289
- Google, "Compute engine," May 2013. [Online]. Available: http://cloud.google.com/pricing/
- GTSI Group, "Cloud Computing: Building a Framework for Successful Transition," 2009. [Online]. Available: http://www.gtsi.com/cms/documents/White-Papers/Cloud-Computing.pdf
- Gusev M., Ristov S., "Superlinear speedup in windows azure cloud," in 2012 IEEE 1st Int. Conf. on Cloud Networking (CLOUDNET) (IEEE CloudNet'12), Paris, France, Nov 2012, pp. 173-175.
- Gusev M., Ristov S., Velkoski G., Simjanoska M., "Optimal resource allocation to host web services in cloud," in Cloud Computing (CLOUD), 2013 IEEE 6th International Conference on, June 2013, pp. 948-949.
- Gustafson J.L., "Reevaluating Amdahl's law," Communication of ACM, vol. 31, no. 5, pp. 532-533, May 1988.
- Ho J.-H., Luo M.-Y., Yang C.-S., "Building a Scalable Digital Learning System on Server Clusters," J. Inf. Sci. Eng., vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 803-819, 2007.
- IBM, "White paper: Virtualization in education." 2007. [Online]. Available: http://www-07.ibm.com/solutions/in/education/download/Virtualization\%20in\%20Education.pdf
- Kiroski K., Gusev M., Kostoska M., Ristov S., "Modifications and Improvements on CEN/BII Profiles," in ICT Innovations 2011, ser. Advances in Intelligent and Soft Computing, L. Kocarev, Ed. Springer Berlin / Heidelberg, 2012, vol. 150, pp. 395-404.
- Kiroski K., Kostoska M., Gusev M., Ristov S., "Growth rate analysis of e-government development," in Proceedings of the Fifth Balkan Conference in Informatics, ser. BCI '12. Novi Sad, Serbia: ACM, 2012, pp. 106-111.
- Koh Y., Knauerhase R., Brett P., Bowman M., Wen Z., Pu C., "An analysis of performance interference effects in virtual environments," in ISPASS 2007, IEEE Int. Symp. on, april 2007, pp. 200 -209.
- Lloyd W., Pallickara S., David O., Lyon J., Arabi M., Rojas K., "Migration of multi-tier applications to infrastructure-as-a-service clouds: An investigation using kernel-based virtual machines," in Grid Computing (GRID), 2011 12th IEEE/ACM International Conference on, 2011, pp. 137-144.
- Mell P.M., Grance T., "SP 800-145. The NIST Definition of Cloud Computing," National Institute of Standards & Technology, Gaithersburg, MD, United States, Tech. Rep., 2011.
- Microsoft, "Windows azure," May 2013. [Online]. Available: http://www.windowsazure.com/pricing/
- PEPPOL, "Future eProcurement," Feb. 2013. [Online]. Available: http://www.peppol.eu/peppol-project/eu-wide-interoperability/fture-eprocurement
- Ristov S., Gusev M., Armenski G., Bozinoski K., Velkoski G., "Architecture and organization of e-assessment cloud solution," in Global Engineering Education Conference (EDUCON), 2013 IEEE, March 2013, pp. 736-743, best paper award.
- Ristov S., Velkoski G., Gusev M., Kiroski K., "Compute and Memory Intensive Web Service Performance in the Cloud," in ICT Innovations 2012, ser. Advances in Intelligent and Soft Computing, S. Markovski and M. Gusev, Eds. Springer Berlin / Heidelberg, 2013, vol. 257, pp. 215-224.
- Singer M., Konstantinidis G., Roubik E., Beffermann E., "Does eprocurement Save the State Money," Journal of Public Procurement, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 58-78, 2009.
- Trkman P., McCormack K., "Estimating the benefits and risks of implementing e-procurement," Engineering Management, IEEE Transactions on, vol. 57, no. 2, pp. 338-349, 2010.
- Wang L., Tao J., Kunze M., Castellanos A., Kramer D., Karl W., "Scientific Cloud Computing: Early Definition and Experience," in 10th IEEE International Conference on High Performance Computing and Communications, 2008. HPCC'08. IEEE, 2008, pp. 825-830.
- Williams B., Reese G., The Economics of Cloud Computing. Cisco Systems, 2012.