The CLARA Method - a New Approach to Expert Verbal Classification
In project development it is hardly possible to get exhaustive and accurate information. As a result, the situations occur, the consequences of which can be very damaging to the project. Inaccurate evaluation of the strategy related to capital investment and project implementation is one of the reasons why such estimates are not required in practice. Instead, a classification approach may be used for this purpose. Classification is a very important aspect of decision making. In the present paper, a novel algorithm CLARA is offered for ordering multicriteria alternatives. It differs from the existing similar methods in the wider range of application allowing it to be used with various scales of criteria evaluation, a random number of the solution classes, incomplete order on the criteria scales as well as in the considerably rarefied space of the alternatives. The suggested algorithm is more effective in terms of the time spent by an expert. A comparative calculation of the efficiency of the algorithms used in classifying the objects in the order of their significance has shown that CLARA is much more effective than CLANSH and other algorithms. At the same time, its general effectiveness was found to be lower than that of the algorithms CYCLE which has a narrower scope of application. (original abstract)
- Ustinovichius L.; Zavadskas E.K.: Assessment of Investment Profitability in Construction from Technological Perspectives. VGTU, Publishing House "Technika", Vilnius 2004, pp. 134-150 (in Lithuanian)
- Larichev O., Mechitov A., Moshovich E., Furems E.: Revealing of Expert Knowledge. Publishing House "Nauka", Moscow 1989 (in Russian).
- Nedzveckas J., Rasimavichius G.: Investment Currency Risk and Ways of Its Decrease. "Economy" 2000, Vol. 51, 2, pp. 63-74.
- Ashihmin I.V., Furems E.M.: UNICOMBOS - Intellectual Decision Support System For Multicriteria Comparison And Choice. Artificial Intelligence (Искуственный интелект) Proceedings of the Ukrainian Academy of Sciences, Kiev 2004, 2, pp. 243-247 (in Russian).
- Zavadskas E.K., Ustinovichius L., Stasiulionis A.: Multicriteria Valuation of Commercial Construction Projects for Investment Purposes. "Journal of Civil Engineering and Management" 2004, Vol. 10, 2, pp. 151-166.
- Larichev О., Bolotov А.: System DIFKLASS: Construction of Full and Consistent Bases of Expert Knowledge in Problems of Differential Classification. The Scientific and Technical Information. "Informacionie Procesi i Sistemi" (Information processes and systems) 1996, (9), a series 2, pp. 276-285 (in Russian).
- Asanov A., Borisenkov P., Larichev O., Nariznij E., Rozejnzon G.: Method of Multicriteria Classification CYCLE and Its Application for the Analysis of the Credit Risk. "Economy and Mathematical Methods" (Ekonomika i Matematicheskije metodi) 2001, Vol. 37(2), pp. 14-21 (in Russian).
- Korhonen P., Larichev O., Moshkovich H., Mechitov A., Wallenius J.: Choice Behavior in a Computer-Aided Multiattribute Decision Task. "Journal Multicriteria Decision Analysis" 1997, Vol. 2, No. 2(2), pp. 43-55.
- Larichev O., Kochin D., Kortnev A.: Decision Support System for Classification of a Finite Set of Multicriteria Alternatives. "Decision Support Systems" 2002, Vol. 33, No. 1, pp. 13-21.
- Ustinovichius L., Ševčenko G., Kochin D.: Classification of Real Alternatives and its Application to the Investment Risk in Construction. In: Multiple Criteria Decision Making '05. T. Trzaskalik (ed.). Karol Adamiecki University of Economics, Katowice 2006, pp. 299-318.
- Naryzhny Y.V.: The Development of Intellectual Training Systems Based on Expert Knowledge. D.Th. ISA RAN, Moscow 1998 (in Russian).
- Kochin D.Yu.: Building Expert Knowledge Bases to Be Used for Intellectual Training Systems. D.Th. ISA RAN, Moscow 2006.
- Ustinovichius L., Kochin D.: Verbal Analysis of the Investment Risk in Construction. "Journal of Business Economics and Management" 2003, Vol. 4(4), pp. 228-234.
- Multiple Criteria Decision Analysis: State of the Art Surveys. J. Figueira, S. Greco, M. Ehrgott (eds). Springer, Boston 2005
- Zavadskas E.K., Ustinovichius L., Turskis Z., Peldschus F., Messing D.: LEVI 3.0 - Multiple Criteria Evaluation Program for Construction Solutions. "Journal of Civil Engineering and Management" 2002, Vol. 8, 3, pp. 184-191.
- Zavadskas E.K., Kaklauskas A., Raslanas S., Malienė V.: The Application of Multi-Criterion Methods for Valuation Recreation Property. "STATYBA (Civil Engineering)" 2001, Vol. 7, 4, pp. 327-333.
- Ustinovichius L.: Determination of Efficiency of Investments in Construction. "International Journal of Strategic Property Management" 2004, Vol. 8, 1, pp. 25-44.
- Kutut V., Ustinovichius L., Kochin D., Turskis Z.: Verbal Analysis as an Effective Tool of the Investment Strategy Management. The Fourth International Conference on Cooperative Design, Visualization and Engineering, CDVE2007, Shanghai, China September, 16-20, 2007.