The Analysis of Information System in Local Government Unit - the Proposal of Research Methodology
The information system in a local government unit should ensure an adequate flow of information to ensure the efficient and effective management of the unit. All organisations should take care of the quality and quantity of available information. This objective can be achieved by the continuous diagnosis and assessment of the functioning information system to draw meaningful conclusions, to identify actions for its improvement in order to make the system an effective support for managerial processes and adequate tool to the needs of the activity of a local government unit. In the article the authors proposed the research methodology of the analysis of the information system in a local government unit. The proposed research methodology is based on questionnaire surveys, which allows a thorough diagnosis of the information system in local government units to identify the deficit in the tools applied in these units and to identify actions to improve the system. (original abstract)
-  Apanowicz J. (2005) Methodological determinants of scientific work, Difin.
-  Flakiewicz W. (2002) Information systems in management. Circumstances, technologies, types. C. H. Beck, Warsaw.
-  Flasiński M. (1997) The introduction to analytical methods of information systems projection, WNT, Warsaw.
-  Gumiński A., Zoleński W. (2011) Information systems in selected enterprises of mechanical engineering industry on the basis of the research questionnaire, TNOiK Katowice.
-  Kieżuń W. (1997) Effective organisational management, SGH, Warsaw.
-  Kisielnicki J., Sroka H. (2005) Business information systems. Informatics for management, Placet, Warsaw.
-  Kisielnicki J. (2008) MIS Management information systems, Placet, Warsaw.
-  Klonowski Z. (2004) Information systems for enterprise management, Wrocław University of Technology Publishing House, Wrocław.
-  Koźmiński A. K., Piotrowski W. (2007) Management, WN PWN, Warsaw.
-  Morgan G. (1997) Pictures of organisations, PWN, Warsaw, Poland.
-  Regulation of the Minister of Internal Affairs of 19th December 2012 on the modalities for the transfer of data between public records and notification of the assignment of PESEL.
-  Rummler G., Brache A. (2000) Improving the efficiency of the organization, PWE, Warsaw.
-  Senczyna S. et al. (2000) Analysis and modelling of the enterprise information system, Silesian University of Technology, Gliwice.
-  The Act of 17th February 2005 on the computerization of entities performing public tasks (OJ 2005 No. 64, item. 565).
-  Wodarski K. et al. (2001) The organizational structure and modelling of the information system of the coal company, Gliwice.
-  Yourdon E. (1996) Contemporary structural analysis, WNT, Warsaw.