Business and Economic Aspects of Accounting Standardization in Hungary
The paper develops a simple supergame model of collusion that focuses on the role of fixed (exogenous to game played) system of quantity market shares. Conclusions implied by the model could be used to motivate data - saving markers of collusion based on market price behavior. Following conclusions of the theoretical model we propose marker of collusion based on detecting changes in seasonal parameters of prices in periods of possible collusion. An empirical application of method has been done on well known data of Lysine cartel case.(original abstract)
- Ali, A., Hwang, L., Trombley, M., 2000. "Accruals and future stock returns: Tests of the naive investor hypothesis," Journal of Accounting, Auditing & Finance, Vol.15, pp.45-63.
- Ball, R., Robin, A., Wu, S., 2006. Are timeliness and conservatism due to debt or equity markets? An international test of "contracting" and "value relevance" theories of accounting, Manuscript, University of Chicago.
- Ball, R., Robin, A., Sadka, G., 2006. "The effect of international institutional factors on properties of accounting earnings," Journal of Accounting and Economics," Vol.29, pp.417-34.
- Burgstahler, D., Hail, L., Leuz, C., 2006. "The importance of reporting incentives: earnings management in European private and public firms," The Accounting Review, Vol.23, pp.48-69.
- Bushmann, R., Piotroski, J., 2006. "Financial reporting incentives for conservative accounting: the influence of legal and political institutions," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Vol.27, pp.148-61.
- Daske, H., Gebhardt, G., 2006. "International financial reporting standards and experts: Perceptions of disclosure quality", Abacus, Vol. 42(3-4), pp.461-98.
- Frankel, M., Li, X., 2004. "Characteristich of a firm's information environment and the information asymmetry between insiders and outsiders," Journal of International Business Studies, Vol.37, pp. 229-59.
- Guenther,A., Young, P., 2000. "Financial reporting environments at international capital mobility," Journal of Accounting Researches, Vol. 28, pp.41-57.
- Jermakovicz, K., Kinsey, P., Wulf, I., 2007. "The value relevance of accounting income reported by DAX-30, German Companies," Journal of International Financial Management & Accounting, Vol.18.(3), pp.611-41
- La Porta, R., 1998. "Law and finance," The Journal of Political Economy, Vol.106. pp.1113-155.
- Leuz, C., Verrecchia, R., 2000. "The economic consequences of increased disclosure," Journal of Accounting Research, Vol.38, pp.91-124.
- Leuz, C., Oberholzer, F., Gee, Z., 2006. "Political relationships, global financing, and corporate transparency," Journal of Financial Economics, Vol.26, pp.41-59.
- Maskus, K., Otsuki, T., Wilson, J., 2005. "An empirical framework for analyzing technical regulations and trade," In. S. Henson, J. and Wilson., J., (Eds.), The WTO and Technical Barriers to Trade. Cheltenham, Edward Elger.
- Meeks, G., Meeks, J., 2002. Towards a cost-benefit analysis of accounting regulation, London, Centre of Business Performance.
- Meeks, G., Swann, P., 2009. "Accounting standards and the economics of standards," Accounting and Business Research, Vol.39, pp.191-210.
- Ministry of Finance, 2010. Act on Accounting, Budapest.
- Nobes, C., 2008. Comparative International Accounting, 10th Edition, Prentice Hall, London.
- Pincus, M., Rajgopal, S., Venkatachalam, M., 2006. "The Accrual Anomaly: International Evidence," The Accounting Review, Vol.36, pp.89-111.
- Whittington, G., 2008. "Harmonization or discord? The critical role of the IASB conceptual framework review," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Vol.27, pp.495-502.
- Wu, S., Zhang, P., 2009. "International Accounting Standards and Internal Performance Evaluation," Accounting Review, Vol.27, pp.1275 -309.