The Conception of Decision Support System for Assessment and Management of Ambient Air Quality
Assessment and management of ambient air quality is carried out in Poland at local, regional and national level. A variety of informatics tools is increasingly being used in various areas of this issue. The paper presents the preliminary conception of an integrated system for supporting decisions undertaken by various institutions. It presents the legal, organizational and technical conditions governing this type of processes in Poland and potential users of the system, its functions, anticipated sources of the processed data and information. It has an indication of the possible technological solutions, including the potential tools and modules included in the proposed system. (original abstract)
-  Kwiatkowska A.M. (2007), Decision support systems. How to use knowledge and information in practice, Polish Scientific Publishers PWN, Warszawa, Poland (in Polish).
-  Kobus D. (2008), Decision support systems in environmental management and public information based on air quality monitoring, Ochrona Środowiska i Zasobów Naturalnych, nr 34, Institute of Environmental Protection, Warszawa, Poland (in Polish).
-  WHO (2010), Health and Environment in Europe: Progress Assessment. World Health Organization, Copenhagen.
-  WHO (2006), Air Quality Guidelines Global Update 2005. World Health Organization, Copenhagen.
-  WHO (2008), The global burden of disease. 2004 update. WHO Library Cataloguing-in-Publication Data. World Health Organization.
-  APHEIS (2004), APHEIS Air Pollution and Health: A European Information System. Health Impact Assessment of Air Pollution and Communication Strategy. Third Year Report. 2002-2003.
-  Iwanek J., Kobus D., Kostrzewa J., Mitosek G. (2011), Air Quality in Poland in 2010 in the light of the results of measurements carried out under the SEM, Inspection for Environmental Protection, Warszawa, http://www.gios.gov.pl/zalaczniki/artykuly/ (in Polish).
-  Mitosek G., Iwanek J., Kobus D. (2011), Assessment of air quality in zones in Poland for 2010. Aggregated national report of the air quality annual assessment performed by VIEP according to the principles set out in Article. 89 of Polish Environmental Law, Inspection for Environmental Protection Warszawa, http://www.gios.gov.pl/zalaczniki/artykuly/ (in Polish).
-  Kobus D. (2011), Assessment of air pollution changes in Poland over 1997-2009 by using air quality index, Przemysł Chemiczny, 2/90, Febr. 2011, (in Polish).
-  Directive 2008/50/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 21 May 2008 on ambient air quality and cleaner air for Europe, OJ L 152, 11.6.2008, p. 1-44.
-  Directive 2004/107/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 15 December 2004 relating to arsenic, cadmium, mercury, nickel and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in ambient air, OJ L 23, 26.1.2005, p. 3-16.
-  Ustawa z dnia 27 kwietnia 2001 r. - Prawo ochrony środowiska (Dz. U. 2008, Nr 25, pos. 150, with later changes), (in Polish).
-  WHO (2005), Implementing Environment and Health Information System in Europe ENHIS. Final Technical Report. 1 June 2004 - 31 October 2005, WHO ECEH, Bonn, December 2005.
-  Kobus D. (2011), The development of web air quality information systems, Przemysł Chemiczny, 2/90, Febr. 2011, (in Polish).
-  Nussio F., Moreto F., Bartolini P., Cagnoli M., Mastropaolo P., Heich H., (2006), Transferring a traffic environment model chain to an European Region, CITEAIR Project.
-  Larssen S., Bøhler T., Ødegård R., Laupsa H., (2002), Development and demonstration of an Air Quality Information System (the AirQUIS System), Norwegian Institute for Air Research, Kjeller, Norway.