ICT in Education: The Potential of Podcasting
Information Communication Technologies (ICT) such as podcasting have opened new possibilities for academe. For an instructor it means more tools to use in their organization of instruction; for students, a greater motivation to learn free of the time and space restraints posed by the typical classroom's walls and strict schedule; and for an educational institution it means a potential marketing opportunity. (original abstract)
- Achtemeier S.D., Libby V.M., Finnegan C.L.. Considerations for Developing Evaluations for Online Courses. "Journal of Asynchronous Learning Networks" 2003, 7:1, http://www.sloan-c.org/publications/jaln/v7n1/v7n1_achtemeier.asp.
- Bates A.W., Managing Technological Change. Strategies for College and University Leaders, Jossey-Bass, San Francisco 2000.
- Belanger Y., Duke University iPod First Year Experience Final Evaluation Report, 2005, http://cit.duke.edu/pdf/reports/ipod_initiative_04_05.pdf.
- Berger E., Podcasting in Engineering Education: A Preliminary Study of Content, Student Attitudes, and Impact "Innovate: Journal of Online Education" 2007, http://innovateonline.info/index.php?view=article&id=426.
- Boulos M.N.K., Maramba I., Wheeler S., Wikis, blogs and podcasts: a new generation of Web-based tools for virtual collaborative clinical practice and education, "BMC Medical Education" 2006, 6:41. http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=1564136.
- Brittain S., Glowacki P., Van Ittersum J., Jonson L., Podcasting Lectures: Formative evaluation strategies helped identify a solution to a learning dilemma, "EDUCAUSE Quarterly" 2006, 29:3. http://connect.educause.edu/Library/EDUCAUSE+Quarterly/PodcastingLectures/39987.
- Burns T.M., The forecast for podcasts: Sunny skies but not necessarily with clear visibility, "Neurology" 2007, 68:E19-E20, http://www.neurology.org/cgi/content/full/68/15/E19.
- Campbell G., There's Something in the Air: Podcasting in Education, "EDUCAUSE Review"2005, 40:6.
- Cebeci Z., Tekdal M., Using Podcasts as Audio Learning Objects, "Interdisciplinary Journal of Knowledge and Learning Objectives" 2006, nr 2.
- Chickering A.W., Gamson Z.F., Seven Principles for Good Practice in Undergraduate Education, "The American Association for Higher Education Bulletin" 1987, http://honolulu.hawaii.edu/intranet/committees/FacDevCom/guidebk/teachtip/7princip.htm.
- Electronic lectures: Download your notes here, "The Independent" 2007, http://student.independent.co.uk/university_life/article3158176.ece, [18.09.2010].
- Hong S.K., Lai K. W., Holton D., Students' Satisfaction and Perceived Learning with a Web-based Course, "Educational Technology and Society" 2003, 6:1, http://220.127.116.11/search?q=cache:LMhwt2r7k5kJ:www.ifets.info/.
- Jiang M., Ting E., Course Design, Instruction, and Students' Online Behaviors: A Study of Instructional Variables and Students' Perception of Online Learning, Paper presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Educational Research Association, San Diego 1998.
- Plomba C.A., Banta T. W., Assessment Essentials: Planning, Implementing, and Improving Assessment in Higher Education, Jossey- Bass, San Francisco 1999.
- L. Raine, M. Madden, Podcasting catches on, Pew Internet & American Life Project, 2005, http://www.pewinternet.org/PPF/r/193/report_display.asp.
- Schworm P., Colleges turn to Web tools in hunt for '08 freshmen: Interactive sites aid recruiters, school-shoppers, "The Boston Globe" 2008, http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2008/01/07/colleges_turn_to_web_tools_in_hunt_for_08_freshmen/.
- Sun L., Williams S., Ousmanou K., Lubega J., Building Personalised Functions into Dynamic Content Packaging to Support Individual Learners, http://www.ais.reading.ac.uk/papers/con41-building%20personalised.pdf.
- The New Media Consortium and EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative, The 2006 Horizon Report, The New Media Consortium, Stanford 2006.
- Webster T., The Infinite Dial: The Podcast Audience Revealed II, [in:] Arbitron/Edison Media Research Internet and Multimedia Study 2007, http://www.edisonresearch.com/home/archives/2007/03/the_podcast_aud.php.
- Weiss R.E., Knowlton D.S., Speck B.W., Principles of Effective Teaching in the Online Classroom: New Directions for Teaching and Learning, Jossey-Bass Publishers, San Francisco 2000.