The Effects of Organizational Structure on the Entrepreneurial Orientation of the Employees
This study aims to investigate the effects of organizational structure on the entrepreneurial orientation of the employees in metal industries of Kaveh Industrial City of Iran. The research was conducted in 2012. The methodology of this research is functional according to its objective, and it is a descriptive survey according to its data collection method, and it is a quantitative research due to the type of its data that have been collected by questionnaire. In order to assess the dimensions of the organizational structure we have used Robin's Standard Questionnaire and in order to measure the entrepreneurial orientations, we have used Dess and Lumpkin's standard questionnaire of entrepreneurial orientation. The pollution of the research was included 4700 employee involved in metal industries of Kavek Industrial City, among whom, 355 people was selected as the research sample by using Cochran formula and sampling method of relational stratified random sampling method. h en we applied Spearman's regression test and multi-regression (in SPSS) and the Structural Equation Modeling (in LISREL) to analyze the data. The analysis showed that the organizational structure has a positive signifi cant effect on the entrepreneurial orientation of the employees of the organization. The finding of this research can help the managers of the metal industry identify the weaknesses and strengths of their organizational structure and the appearance of people's orientations and behaviors toward the entrepreneurial activities. (original abstract)
- Caruana, A., Ewing, M. T., & Ramaseshan, B. (2002), Effects of some environmental challenges and centralization on the entrepreneurial orientation and performance of public sector entities, he Service Industries Journal, 22(2), pp. 43-58.
- Chadwick, Ken; Barnett, Tim; Dwyer, Sean (2008), An Empirical Analysis of the Entrepreneurial Orientation Scale, Journal of Applied Management and Entrepreneurship, Vol. 13, No.4, pp. 64-85.
- Chang, sh; Lin, R; Chang, F; Chen; R. (2007), Achieving manufacturing flexibility through entrepreneurial orientation, Industrial Management & Data Systems, Vol. 107, No. 7.
- Chen, J.C.H., Parker, L.J. and Lin, B. (2006), Technopreneurship in native American businesses: current issues and future with a case study, International Journal of Management and Enterprise Development, Vol. 3, No 1/2, p. 7084.
- Child. J, (2008), Organization structure, environment, and performance: the role of strategic choice, Sociology, V 6, pp. 1-22.
- Covin, J. G., & Kuratko, D. F. (2008), he concept of corporate entrepreneurship. in V. Narayanan & G. O'Connor (Eds.), he Blackwell encyclopedia of technology and innovation management, Oxford, UK: Blackwell Publishers.
- Daft, R. l. (2006), he new era of management, india edition, Thomson, south estern.
- Dess, G.G. and Lumpkin, G.T. (2005), he role of entrepreneurial orientation in stimulating effective corporate entrepreneurship, Academy of Management Executive, Vol. 19, No. 1, pp. 147-156.
- Furst, R. M. (2005), An exploration of corporate entrepreneurship: Venturing signatures and their underlying dynamics, From www.Wilkes.Edu/Include/Academics/Gradbulletin_0304.Pdf
- Garcia-Morales, V.J., Llorens-Montes, F.J. and Verdu-Jover, A.J. (2006), Antecedents and consequences of organizational innovation and organizational learning in entrepreneurship, Industry Management & Data Systems, Vol. 106, No. 1, pp. 21-42.
- Gresov, C. and Drazin, R. (2007), Equifinality: functional equivalence in organization design, Academy of management review, Vol. 22, pp. 403-428.
- Hair, J. F., Black, W. C., Babin, B. J., Anderson, R. E., & Tatham, R. L. (2006), Multivariate data analysis, Englewood Cliff, NJ: Pearson Prentice Hall.
- Hornsby, J. S., Kuratko, D. F., & Zahra, S. A. (2002), Middle managers' perception of the internal environment for corporate entrepreneurship: Assessing a measurement scale, Journal of Business Venturing, 17(3), pp. 253-273.
- Jogaratnam, G. & Ching-Yick Tse, E. (2006), Entrepreneurial orientation and the structuring of organizations, International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, 18(6), pp. 454-68.
- Johnson, S. & Van de Ven, A.H. (2002), A framework for entrepreneurial strategy. in M.A. Hitt, R.D. Ireland, S.M. Camp, & D.L. Sexton (Eds.), Strategic entrepreneurship: Creating a new mindset (pp.66-85). Oxford, UK.: Blackwell Publishers.
- Jöreskog, K. & Sorbom, D. (1996), Structural Equation Modeling with the SIMPLIS Command Language, Chicago, IL: Scientific Software International, Inc.
- Katsikea, E; heodosiou, M; Perdikis, N; Kehagias, J. (2011), he effects of organizational structure and job characteristics on export sales managers' job satisfaction and organizational commitment, Journal of World Business, Vol. 46, pp. 221-233.
- Hornsby J. S, Naffziger D. W, Kuratko D. F, Montagno R. V. (1993), An interactive model of the corporate entrepreneurship process. Entrepreneurship, Theory & Practice, 17(2), pp. 29-37.
- Lerner, M; Shaker, Z; Kohavi, Y.G, (2007), Time and corporate entrepreneurship: firm emergence and personality in the adaption of innovations, Research policy, Vol. 37, pp. 1550-1579.
- Liao Chechen , Shu-Hui Chuang , Pui-Lai To (2010), How knowledge management mediates the relationship between environment and organizational structure, European management journal.
- Lumpkin, G.T. and Dess, G.G. (1996), Clarifying the entrepreneurial orientation construct and linking it to performance, Academy of Management Review, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 135-72.
- Lumpkin, G. T; Cogliser, C. C; Schneider D, R.(2010), Understanding & Measuring Autonomy: An Entrepreneurial Orientation perspective, Entrepreneurship: heory and Practice, Vol. 33, pp. 47-69.
- March, J. and Simon, H. (2009), Organizations, Blackwell, Cambridge, MA, pp. 195-324.
- Mihm, J; Loch, Ch; Wilkinson, D; Huberman, B.A. (2010), Hierarchical structure and search in complex organizations, Management science, Vol. 56, No. 5, pp. 831-848.
- Miller, D. (1983), Entrepreneurship correlates in three types of firms, Management Science, Vol. 29, pp. 770-791.
- Morton A.N; Hu, Q. (2008), Implications of the fit between organizational structure and ERP: A structural contingency theory perspective, International Journal of Information Management, Vol. 28, pp. 391-402.
- Naldi, L., Nordqvist, M., Sjoberg, K. and Wiklund, J. (2007), Entrepreneurial orientation, risk, pp. 997-1017.
- Nunnally, J. C. (1978), Psychometric Theory (2nd ed.), McGraw-Hill, New York.
- Robbins, S. P. (1998), Organization theory, New York, Prentice hall.
- Robinson, R. B. (2007), Creating a 21st century entrepreneurial organization, Academy of entrepreneurship journal, Vol. 8, No 1, pp. 321-332.
- Shepherd, D; Covin, G.F; Kuratko F.D. (2008), Project Failure from Corporate Entrepreneurship: Managing the Grief Process, Journal of Business Venturing, Vol. 24, No. 6, pp. 588-600.
- Willem, A; Buelens, M. (2009), Knowledge sharing in interunit cooperative episodes: the impact of organizational structure dimensions, International Journal of Information Management, Vol. 29, pp. 151-160.
- Yao, X; Wen, W; Ren, Z. (2009), Corporate entrepreneurship in the enterprise clusters environment - Influence of network resources and entrepreneurial orientation on firm performance, Front. Bus. Res. China, Vol. 3, No 4, pp. 566-582.
- Zahra, S. A; Covin, J. G. (1995), Entrepreneurship - performance relationship: a longitudinal analysis, Journal of business venturing, Vol. 10, No. 10, pp. 43-58.