New Player on the Scene: Turkish Engagement in Africa
Turkey's engagement in Africa is connected to the ideological shift of Turkish government during the era of Justice and Development Party and its redirection from the Western-centred to the more diversified foreign policy. Turkish policy in Africa has two dimensions: first one is promoted by the official representation of the State, and the second is performed mainly by civil sector of Turkish society, the business organisation as well as various NGOs. This paper examines Turkish involvement in Africa from various perspectives. It focuses on the economic, political as well as ideological role of Turkey in Africa. (original abstract)
- African Union, 2013: Africa-Turkey High Level Officials Meeting, available online: http://www.au.int/en/content/ africa-turkey-high-level-officials-meeting (accessed 8.7.2013).
- Afacan, I., 2013: African Opening in Turkish Foreign Policy. In: Ortadoğu analiz (Middle Eastern Analysis - in Turkish), Volume 5, Issue 52, Centre for Middle Eastern Strategies Studies, pp. 46-54.
- Aras, B., 2009: Davutoğlu Era in Turkish Foreign Policy, SETA Policy Brief No. 32, available online: http://arsiv.setav.org/public/indir. aspx?yol=%2fups%2fdosya%2f20875.pdf&baslik=D avuto%f0lu+Era+in+Turkish+Foreign+Policy_32_ Bulent+Aras (accessed 21.4.2013).
- Combined Maritime Forces, 2012: Turkey Assumes Command of Combined Task Force 151, available online: http://combinedmaritimeforces.com/2012/09/25/turkey- assumes-command-of-combined-task-force-151/ (accessed 17.1.2014).
- Danforth, N., 2008: Ideology and Pragmatism in Turkish Foreign Policy: From Ataturk to the AKP. In: Turkish Policy Quarterly, Volume 7, Issue 3, pp. 83-95.
- Davutoğlu, A., 2008: Turkey's Foreign Policy Vision: An Assessment of 2007. In: Insight Turkey, Volume 10, Issue 1, SETA foundation, pp. 77-96, available online: http://arsiv.setav.org/ups/dosya/9595.pdf (accessed 5.5.2013).
- Davutoğlu, A., 2010: Turkish Foreign Policy and the EU in 2010. In: Turkish Policy Quarterly, Volume 8, Issue 3, pp. 11-17.
- European Commission Audiovisual Services, 2013: Map of the European Union to 28 after the accession of Croatia, available online: http://ec.europa.eu/avservices/ photo/photoDetails.cfm?sitelang=en&mgid=38