Environmental Liabilities Arising from the Transactions with Atmospheric Air as an Accounting Object
Due to the restructuring the economy of Ukraine on the way to sustainable development has become necessary to develop tools to evaluate environmentally safe, sustainable development of the country and its regions. The atmospheric air pollution yields great economic losses. That is why the atmospheric air protection for providing sustainable economic development is an issue of primary importance to be covered by framework documents. The organization of environmental activity accounting at the enterprises should be considered as an effective tool of atmospheric air condition improvement with the purpose of providing necessary information to manage and to improve environmental security at the macro-level. In common set of environmental liabilities of the enterprise a separate element were identified environmental liabilities from transactions with the atmospheric air. The classification of environmental liabilities from transactions with the atmospheric air has been proposed for the formation of the necessary information about the environmental activities of the company. (original abstract)
- Bergkamp, L. (2001), Liability and Environment: Private and Public Aspects of Civil Liability for Environmental Harm in an International Context, The Hague: Kluwer Law International.
- Coase, R., H. (1960), The Problem of Social Cost, Journal of Law and Economics, 3, pp. 1-44.
- Faure, M. (2003), Deterrence, Insurability, and Compensation in Environmental Liability: Future Developments in the European Union, Vienna: Springer.
- Faure, M. and Verheij, A. (2007), Shifts in Compensation for Environmental Damage, Vienna: Springer.
- Faure, M., Environmental Liability, available at: http://ssrn.com/abstract=1503405
- Fourth Assessment Report: Climate Change (2007), available at: http://en.wikipedia
- Global Energy Statistical Yearbook (2013), available at: http://yearbook.enerdata.net/CO2-intensity-data.html
- Gorobets', V., V. (2011), New environmental tax in Ukraine, available at:http://www.rusnauka.com
- Heyes, A. (2001), The Law and Economics of the Environment, Cheltenham, UK and Northampton, MA, USA: Edward Elgar.
- Ilyicheva, E., V. (2010), Environmental accounting policies in ecological balance: dissertation [Ekologicheskiy uchet v uslioviyah realizacii ekologicheskoy sbalansirovanosti: dis. ... dokt. ekonom. nauk], Oryol.
- Kazenski, P. (1994), Recognition, Measurement and Disclosure of Environmental Liabilities, available at:www.casact.org/pubs/forum/.../94sf367.pdf
- Methods of calculation of reimbursement of losses appeared as a result of excessive emissions of contaminants in atmospheric air approved by the Order of Ministry of Environment of Ukraine, available at: http://zakon3.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z0048-09
- National report of Ukraine "Development Purposes of Millennium: Ukraine - 2010"(2010), available at: http://www.undp.org.ua/files/ua_pdf
- NAS(P) 14 "Leasing" (2000), available at: http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws
- Official site of the State Statistics Service of Ukraine (2011), available at: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/
- Pigou, A., C. (1951), A Study in Public Finance, London: Macmillan.
- Report of sustainable development of the corporation "Obolon": 30 years of success for 2010-2011, (2010), available at: http://obolon.ua/rus/
- Review of national laws and regulations relating to environmental accounting. Report by the UNCTAD secretariat(1995), available at:http://www.eco.iuf.net/file.doc
- Strategy of environmental policy of Ukraine to 2020 (2007),available at:www.u-e-p.eu/images/pictures/project-ukraine/strategy-2007-environment.doc
- Sustainable development knowledge platform (2013), available at:http://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/index.php?page=view&nr=23&type=400&menu=35
- Tax Code of Ukraine(2012), available at: http://zakon1.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2755-17
- United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change. Official website (2013), available at: http://unfccc.int/2860.php
- Van Egteren, H. and R., T., Smith (2002), Environmental Regulations under Simple Negligence or Strict Liability, Environmental and Resource Economics, 21, pp. 369-96.
- Van Egteren, H., R., T., Smith and A. Eckert (2006), Environmental Liability and Harmonisation in the Presence of Transboundary Eff ects and Hidden Assets, European Journal of Law and Economics, 22, pp. 143-63.
- Van Egteren, H., R., T. Smith and D., McAfee (2004), Harmonisation of Environmental Regulations when Firms are Judgement-proof, European Journal of Law and Economics, 17, pp. 139-64.
- Zamula, I., V. (2010), Accounting for environmental activities in providing sustainable economic development [Buhgalterskiy oblik ekologichnoyi diyalnosti u zabezpecheni stiykogo rozvitku economiki: мonograph], Zhytomyr, ZSTU.
- Zamula, I., V., Kireitseva A., V. (2012), Accounting objects in transactions with atmospheric air: experience of Ukraine, International Accounting, Moscow: Finance and Credit, pp. 58-66.