Ecotourism from both Hotels and Tourists' Perspective
This empirical research about ecotourism was elaborated having in mind two perspectives: the lodging and the consumer. It was possible to conclude that the hotels involved in the research need to improve its performance in terms of market research and of the environmental accreditation, but it is convenient to empathise that the environmental and social concerns are present in its activities. Regarding ecotourists, the findings indicate that they are concerned with the environmental issues when they are lodgin. Their great motivation is the possibility of having a contact with the nature, the environmental conservation and the sustainability. (original abstract)
- Ballantine, J., Eagles, P. (1994), Defining ecotourists, Journal of Sustainable Tourism, 2(4), pp. 210-214.
- Buckley, R., Pannell, J. (1990), Environmental impacts of tourism and recreation in national parks and conservation reserves, The Journal of Tourism Studies, 1(1), pp. 24-32.
- Byrd, E., Bosley, H., Dronberger, M. (2008), Comparisons of stakeholder perceptions of tourism impacts in rural eastern North Carolina, Tourism Management, doi:10.1016, 111.
- CMIGreen (2009), The CMIGreen, Traveler Study, San Francisco.
- Dinan, C., Student, P., Sargeant, A. (2000), Marketing L. Social marketing and sustainable tourism-is there a match?, International Journal of tourism Research, 2(1), pp. 1-14.
- Eagles, P. (1992), The travel motivations of Canadian ecotourists, Journal of Travel Research 39 (1), pp. 164-89.
- EMBRATUR (1994) Empresa Brasileira de Turismo. S. Salvador.
- Fennell, D. (2008), Ecotourism. 3rd Ed. London, UK: Routledge.
- Fotiou, S., Buhalis, D., Vereczi, G. (2002), Sustainable development of ecotourism in small islands developing states (SIDS) and other small islands, Tourism and Hospitality Research, 4(1), pp. 79-88.
- Galley, G., Clifton, J. (2004), The motivational and demographic characteristics of research ecotourists: operation Wallacea volunteers in southeast Sulawesi Indonesia, Journal of Ecotourism, 3(1), 69-82.
- Henion, KE., Kinnear, TC. (1976), Ecological Marketing, American Marketing Association, Columbus, Ohio.
- IES (2008), Fact sheet: global ecotourism, in: wwww.ecotourism.org, accessed 01/04/10.
- Inskeep, E. (1991), Tourism Planning, Van Nostrand Reinhold, New York.
- Kerr, L. (1991), Ducks don't vote: The dilemma of wildland wildlife managers, Trends, 28 (2), pp. 30-4.
- Kala, CP, Maikhuri, RK. (2011), Mitigating People-Park Conflicts on Resource Use through Ecotourism: A Case of the Nanda Devi Biosphere Reserve, Indian Himalaya, Journal of Mountain Science, 8, pp. 87-95.
- MacPherson,. C (1997), Measuring the economic impact of participants involved in community sporting events. Thesis (Requirements of a Degree of Master of Arts), University of New Brunswick.
- Narayanan, D. (2002), Impacts of Tourism and Demographic developments in a rural Spanish Pueblo. Thesis Dissertation, California State University, Long Beach.
- Nepal, S. K. (2008), Residents' attitudes to tourism in central British Columbia, Canada. Tourism Geographies, 10(1), pp. 42-65.
- Pappas, NV. (2008), City of Rhodes: residents' attitudes toward tourism impacts and development. Anatolia, An International Journal of Tourism and Hospitality Research, 19 (1), pp. 51-70.
- Parks, TH., Parks, TA., Allen, C. (2009), The development of a framework for studying ecotourism, International Journal of Management, 26(1), pp. 89-98.
- Singh, T., Slotkin, M., Vamosi, A. (2007), Attitude towards ecotourism and environmental advocacy: profiling the dimensions of sustainability, Journal of Vacation Marketing, 13(2), pp. 119-134.
- Uriely, N., Reichel, A., Shani, A. (2006), Ecological orientation of tourists: an empirical investigation, Tourism and Hospitality Research, 7(3/4), pp. 161-175.
- Van Winkle, CM., MacKay, K. J. (2008), Self-serving bias in visitors' perception of the impacts of tourism, Journal of Leisure Research, 40(1), pp. 69-89.
- Wearing, S., Neil, J. (2009), Ecotourism - impacts, potentials and possibilities, 2nd Ed. Oxford, UK: Butterworth-Heinemann.
- Weaver, D. (1998), Ecotourism in the Less Developed World, Wallingford, UK: CAB International.
- Wight, P. (1996), North American ecotourists: market profile and trip characteristics, Journal of Travel Research, 34(4), pp. 2-10.
- Wight, P. (1993), Sustainable Ecotourism: Balancing Economic, Environmental and Social Goals within an Ethical Framework, Journal of Tourism Studies, 4 (2), pp. 54-66.
- Wilkinson, P. (1989), Strategies for tourism in island microstates, Annals of Tourism Research, 16, pp. 153-177.
- WTO (2007) World Trade Report, 2007, http://www.wto.org/english/res_e/booksp_e/anrep_e/world_trade_report07_e.pdf, accessed 01/04/11