The Unification of Differences
In this paper, I discuss the evolving idea of the "One World" as articulated in Wolfgang Sachs' article (1992), which was derived from the principles of the 1945 UN Charter. The paper also presents an insightful discussion on the recent crisis of perception in the three 'world regions' which are dominating the development discourse i.e. the Unites States, Europe and China. It argues that this is primarily a crisis of perception; "the world has turned into a mirror, which reflects a reality of us, which is constructed by experts of the system". It argues that placeless cultural knowledge has transformed our reality into a reality which lacks a place. We are stuck in our space - centered belief systems and we are everywhere and nowhere at the same time. The paper concludes that universalism has made us to be alone in space, knowing about the whole world, but at the same time unable to feel the connection to this world. We have lost presence, the ability to perceive our body and therefore the relation to the earth. (original abstract)
-  Berger John, Gegen die Abwertung der Welt. Essays. Frankfurt am Main, Fischer Taschenbuch Verlag, 2005.
-  Borderline Europe Menschenrechteohne Grenzen, 2011. Available at URL: http://borderline-europe.de/index.php, last accessed February 07th 2012.
-  Capra Fritjof, The Turning Point: Science, Society, and the Rising Culture, Simon and Schuster, 1982.
-  Europaeisches Parlament, "Schriftliche Anfrage von David-Maria Sassoli (S-D), GianlucaSusta (S-D), Rita Borsellino (S-D) und Silvia Costa (S-D) an die Kommissionvom 14, September 2009". available at URL: http://www.europarl.europa.eu/sides/getDoc.do? type=WQ&reference=E-2009-4327&language=DE, last accessed November 18th 2011.
-  Fortress Europe, List of 15551 documented refugee deaths through Fortress Europe, 2011. Available at URL: http://www.unitedagainstracism.org/pdfs/listofdeaths.pdf, last accessed November 18th 2011.
-  Ivan Illich, "Peace vs. Development" in: Dietrich, Wolfgang and others (Eds.): Schluesseltexte der Friedensforschung, Wien/Berlin, Lit Verlag, (1980-1990): "Needs", available at URL: http://www.surrenderworks.com/ivanillich/1990_needs.pdf, last accessed November 18th 2011.
-  Ivan Illich (2006): In den Fluessennoerdlich der Zukunft. LetzteGespraecheueber Religion und Gesellschaftmit David Cayley. Muenchen, C.H. Beck Verlag, authors Translation.
-  Koeckritz Angela, "YueyuesTod, Die Zeitvom"; October 2011, N 44.
-  Rosado Caleb, "Context determines content: Quantum Physics as a Framework for "Wholeness" in Urban Transformation", Urban Studies 45(10) (2008) 2075-2097.
-  Sachs Wolfgang and Dietrich et al., "One World", in: Dietrich, Wolfgang and others (Eds.): Schluesseltexte der Friedensforschung, Wien/Berlin, Lit Verlag, 1992.
-  Shenker Jack, "Aircraft carrier left us to die, say migrant, Exclusive: Boat trying to reach Lampedusa was left to drift in Mediterranean for 16 days, despite alarm being raised", the Guardian, 2011. Available at URL: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/may/08/nato-ship-libyan-migrants?CMP=twt_gu, last accessed November 18th 2011.
-  Simon, Jana, "Mein armes Amerika",: ZeitMagazin Nr. 44, October 27th 2011.