Algebraic Observability of Linear Differential-Algebraic Systems with Delay
The paper deals with the problem of algebraic observability for linear differential-algebraic systems with delay. For such systems, we present the observability matrix. By algebraic properties of the matrix we define some concepts of observability. We give necessary and sufficient conditions of these algebraic observabilities. We prove relations between these types of observabilities along with spectral observability. Practical verifiability of the conditions is demonstrated on several examples. (original abstract)
- HAUTUS M. L. J. (1969), Controllability and observability conditions of linear autonomous systems. Indagationes Mathematicae, XXXI, Nederl. Akad. Wetensch., Proc., Ser A 72, 443-448.
- KAMEN E. W. (1978), An operator theory of linear functional differentia equations. J. Differential Equations 27(2), 274-297.
- LEE E. B. (1976), Calculus of Variations and Control. London: Academic Press.
- LEE E. B. (1979), Class Notes on Infinite Dimensional Systems Univ. of Minnesota.
- LEE E. B., OLBROT A. (1981), Observability and related structural results for linear hereditary systems. Int. J. Control 34(6), 1061-1078.
- MARCHENKO V. M., PODDUBNAYA O. N. (2002), Representations of solutions for controlled hybrid systems. Problems of Control and Informatics (Kiev), 6, 17-25. (English translation: (2002) Journal of Automation and Information Sciences, 34, 11-19).
- MARCHENKO V.M., PODUBNAYA O.N. (2002), Expansion of solutions of controlled hybrid systems in a series in solutions of their constituent equations (in Russian). Kibern. Vychisl. Tech., 135, 39-49.
- MARCHENKO V. M., PODDUBNAYA O. N., ZACZKIEWICZ Z. (2006), On the observability of linear differential-algebraic systems with delays. IEEE Trans. Automat. Contr., 51(8), 1387-1393.
- MARCHENKO V. M., ZACZKIEWICZ Z. (2005), Observability for Linear Di-fferential-Algebraic Systems with Delays. CD ROM Proc. 11th IEEE Intern. Conf. on Methods and Models in Automation and Robotics, Międzyzdroje, Poland, 29 August - 1 September 2005, 299-303.
- MORSE A. S. (1976), Ring models for delay-differential systems. Automatica- J. IFAC 12(5), 529-531.
- OLBROT A. W., ZAK S. H. (1980), Controllability and observability problems for linear functional-differential systems. Functional-differential Systems and Related Topics. Higher College Engrg., Zielona Góra, 244-255.
- SONTAG E. D. (1976), On finitely accessible and finitely observable rings. J. Pure Appl. Algebra 8(1), 97-104.
- ZACZKIEWICZ Z., MARCHENKO V. M. (2006), Observability of small solutions of linear differential-algebraic systems with delays. Control and Cybernetics 35(4), 997-1013.