Role of Intellectual Capital on Firm Performance (Evidence from Iranian Companies)
Intellectual capital for companies, particularly manufacturing firms in the third millennium can be considered as a competitive advantage. The purpose of the research is to examine the role of innovation capital in the creation of value for business organizations. Intellectual capital (IC) disclosure has been receiving an increasing amount of attention among the companies around the world such as Australian companies, Italian companies and others. This is due to the new economy driven which is knowledge-based economy where value creation become one of the crucial issues in the world and tends to be based on intangible rather than tangible assets. In this study, a questionnaire was distributed among manufacturing companies have tried to collect statistical information . Questionnaire was divided between manufacturing firms and financial operations managers. The result shows that a company's IC in general has a The significant positive impact on its financial and market performance. (original abstract)
-  Ahmadi, Freyedon, Behzad Parivizi, Bahram Meihami, Morteza Ziaee, Interdisciplinary Journal of Contemporary Research in Business 4(1) (2012) 894-912.
-  Bollen L., Vergauwen P., Schnieders S., Management Decision 43(9) (2005) 1161-1185.
-  Bontis N., There is a price on your head: managing intellectual capital strategically. Business Quarterly (1996).
-  Bounfour, A. (2002). "How to measure Intellectual Capital's dynamic value: the IC-dVAL approach", presented at the 5th World Congress on Intellectual Capital, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
-  Brooking A. (1996). Intellectual Capital: Core Assets for the Third Millennium Enterprise. Thompson Business Press, London.
-  Canibano L., Garcia-Ayuso M., Sanchez M. P., Journal of Accounting Literature 19 (2000) 102-130.
-  Chan K. H., The Learning Organization 16(1) (2009) 4-21.
-  Chauvin K. W., Hirschey M., Financial Management 22(4) (1993) 128-140.
-  Chen M. C., Cheng S. J., Hwang Y., Journal of Intellectual Capital 6(2) (2005) 159-176.
-  Choudhury Jyotirmayee, International Journal of Business and Management 5(9) (2010).
-  Firer S., Williams S. M., Journal of Intellectual Capital 4(3) (2003) 348-60.
-  Hudson, W. (1993). Intellectual Capital: How to Build it, Enhance it, Use it. John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY.
-  Kamath G. B., Journal of Intellectual Capital 8(1) (2007) 96-123.
-  S. Chang William, International Journal of Business and Management 6(2) (2011).
-  Taliyang Siti Mariana, International Journal of Business and Management 6(12) (2011).