Best Linear Unbiased Estimators of Population Mean on Current Occasion in Two-Occasion Rotation Patterns
Best linear unbiased estimators have been proposed to estimate the population mean on current occasion in two-occasion successive (rotation) sampling. Behavior of the proposed estimators have been studied and their respective optimum replacement policies are discussed. Empirical studies are carried out to examine the performance of the proposed estimators and consequently the suitable recommendations are made. (original abstract)
- BIRADAR, R. S. and SINGH, H. P., (2001). Successive sampling using auxiliary information on both occasions. Cal. Statist. Assoc. Bull. 51, 243- 251.
- CHATURVEDI, D. K. and TRIPATHI, T. P., (1983). Estimation of population ratio on two occasions using multivariate auxiliary information. Jour. Ind.Statist. Assoc, 21, 113-120.
- DAS, A. K., (1982). Estimation of population ratio on two occasions, Jour Ind. Soc. Agr. Statist. 34, 1-9.
- FENG, S. and ZOU, G., (1997). Sample rotation method with auxiliary variable. Communications in Statistics-Theory and Methods, 26, 6, 1497-1509.
- GUPTA, P. C., (1979). Sampling on two successive occasions. Jour. Statist. Res. 13, 7-16.
- JESSEN, R. J., (1942). Statistical Investigation of a Sample Survey for obtaining farm facts, Iowa Agricultural Experiment Station Research Bulletin No. 304, Ames, Iowa, U. S. A., 1-104.
- PATTERSON, H. D., (1950). Sampling on successive occasions with partial replacement of units, Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, 12, 241-255.
- RAO, J. N. K. and Graham, J. E., (1964). Rotation design for sampling on repeated occasions. Jour. Amer. Statist. Assoc. 59, 492-509.
- SEN, A. R., (1971). Successive sampling with two auxiliary variables, Sankhya, 33, Series B, 371-378.
- SEN, A. R., (1972). Successive sampling with p (p > 1) auxiliary variables, Ann. Math. Statist., 43, 2031- 2034.
- SEN, A. R., (1973). Theory and application of sampling on repeated occasions with several auxiliary variables, Biometrics 29, 381-385.
- SINGH, V. K., SINGH, G. N. and SHUKLA, D., (1991). An efficient family of ratio-cum-difference type estimators in successive sampling over two occasions, Jour. Sci. Res. 41 C, 149-159.
- SINGH, G. N., (2003). Estimation of population mean using auxiliary information on recent occasion in h-occasion successive sampling, Statistics in Transition, 6, 523-532.
- SINGH, G. N., (2005). On the use of chain-type ratio estimator in successive sampling, Statistics in Transition, 7, 21-26.
- SINGH, G. N. and SINGH, V. K., (2001). On the use of auxiliary information in successive sampling, J. Indian Soc. Agric. Statist, 54 (1), 1- 12.
- SINGH, G. N. and PRIYANKA, K., (2006). On the use of chain-type ratio to difference estimator in successive sampling, IJAMAS, 5 (S06), 41- 49.
- SINGH, G. N. and PRIYANKA, K., (2007). On the use of auxiliary information in search of good rotation patterns on successive occasions, Bulletin of Statistics and Economics, 1 (A07), 42-60.
- SINGH, G. N. and PRIYANKA, K., (2008). Search of good rotation patterns to improve the precision of estimates at current occasion, Communications in Statistics- Theory and Methods, 37(3), 337-348.
- SINGH, G. N. and KARNA, J. P., (2009, a). Estimation of population mean on current occasion in two-occasion successive sampling, METRON, 67(1), 69-85.
- SINGH, G. N. and KARNA, J. P., (2009, b). Search of effective rotation patterns in presence of auxiliary information in successive sample over two-occasions, Statistics in Transition, new series 10(1), 59- 73.
- SINGH, H. P. and VISHWAKARMA, G. K., (2009). A general procedure for estimating population mean in successive sampling, Communications in Statistics - Theory and Methods, 38(2), 293-308.