A Linear Model for Uniformity Trial Experiments
Uniformity trial experiments are required to assess fertility variation in agricultural land. Several models have appeared in literature, of which Fairfield Smith's Variance Law assuming a nonlinear relationship between the coefficient of variation (C.V.) and a plot size has been extensively used in uniformity trial studies. A linear model has been proposed for uniformity trial experiments and it has shown better results as compared to existing models. The expression for point of maximum curvature for the proposed model is much simpler as compared to the model of Fairfield Smith. The appropriateness of the proposed model has also been verified with the help of a data set. (original abstract)
- DRAPER, N. R. AND SMITH, H., (1998). Applied Regression Analysis, Wiley, New York.
- HAQUE, H. N. AZAD, N. K. JHA, R. N. and SINGH, S. N., (1988). Optimum Size and Shape of Plots for Wheat, Annals of Agricultural Research, 9, 2, 165-170.
- MAHALANLBIS, P. C., (1940). A sample survey of the acreage under jute in Bengal, Sankhya, 4, 511-530.
- MONTGOMERY, D. C. PECK, E. A. and VINING, G. C., (2003). Introduction to Linear Regression Analysis, Wiley.
- PANSE, V. G., (1941). studies of the technique of field experiments size and shape of blocks and arrangements of plots in cotton trials, Indian J. agric. Sci, 11, 6, 850-865.
- PANSE, V. G. and SUKHATME, P.V., (1954). Statistical Methods for Agricultural Workers, I C A R New Delhi.
- SHUKLA, A. K., (2011). Some Contributions in Estimation of Asymptotic Regression Statistical Models, the Unpublished Thesis of Ph. D., CSJM University, Kanpur.
- SMITH, H. F., (1938). An empirical law describing heterogeneity in the yield of Agricultural crops, Journal of Agricultural Science, 28, 1-23.
- SUNDARARAJ, N., (1977). Technique for estimating optimum plot size and shape from fertilizer trial data, a modified approach. J. Ind. Soc. Agric. Stat., 29, 2, 80-4.