Election Algorithms Applied to the Global Aggregation in Networks of Comparators
The paper shows the application of the election algorithms in networks of comparators. We have described and adopted six election methods which have been used as an aggregator of partial results. We have performed experiments on the data gathered at the fire ground. All of them have been well described and the results have been compared between each other. The paper includes a discussion and interpretation of the obtained results. It indicates the algorithm with the greatest potential to adapt and to obtain the best results.(original abstract)
- "Networks of compound object comparators," in FUZZ-IEEE, 2013, pp. 1-8.
- Aha D. W., Ed., Lazy Learning. Norwell, MA, USA: Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1997.
- Baharad E. and Neeman Z., "The asymptotic strategy proofness of scoring and condorcet consistent rules," Review of economic design : RED., 2002.
- Balinski M. and Laraki R., "A theory of measuring, electing, and ranking," Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, vol. 104, no. 21, pp. 8720-8725, May 2007.
- Barbie M., Puppe C., and Tasnadi A., Non-manipulable domains for the borda count, ser. Bonn econ discussion papers, 2003, no. 13.
- Bishop C. M., Neural Networks for Pattern Recognition. New York, NY, USA: Oxford University Press, Inc., 1995.
- Brams S. J. and Fishburn P. C., "Going from theory to practice: the mixed success of approval voting." Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 25, no. 2-3, pp. 457-474, 2005.
- Faliszewski P., Hemaspaandra E., and Hemaspaandra L. A., "Using complexity to protect elections." Commun. ACM, vol. 53, no. 11, pp. 74-82, 2010.
- Kacprzyk J., Multistage Fuzzy Control: A Model-based Approach to Fuzzy Control and Decision Making. John Wiley & Sons, Limited, 2012.
- Kohavi R., "A study of cross-validation and bootstrap for accuracy estimation and model selection." Morgan Kaufmann, 1995, pp. 1137-1143.
- Krasuski A. and Janusz A., "Semantic tagging of heterogeneous data: Labeling fire & rescue incidents with threats," in FedCSIS, 2013, pp. 77-82.
- Kuncheva L. I. and Rodríguez J. J., "A weighted voting framework for classifiers ensembles," Knowl. Inf. Syst., vol. 38, no. 2, pp. 259-275, 2014.
- Kuznetsov S. O. and Slezak D., "Data mining and soft computing," Int. J. General Systems, vol. 42, no. 6, pp. 543-545, 2013.
- Levitin G. and Lisnianski A., "Reliability optimization for weighted voting system." Rel. Eng. & Sys. Safety, vol. 71, no. 2, pp. 131-138, 2001.
- Lin X., Yacoub S., Burns J., and Simske S., "Performance analysis of pattern classifier combination by plurality voting," Pattern Recogn. Lett., vol. 24, no. 12, pp. 1959-1969, Aug. 2003.
- Mitchell T. M., Machine Learning, 1st ed. New York, NY, USA: McGraw-Hill, Inc., 1997.
- Saari D. G. and Merlin V. R., "The copeland method i; relationships and the dictionary," Economic Theory, vol. 8, 1996.
- Slęzak D. and Sosnowski Ł, "SQL-based Compound Object Comparators: A Case Study of Images Stored in ICE," in Proc. of FGIT-ASEA 2010, ser. Communications in Computer and Information Science, vol. 117, 2010, pp. 303-316.
- Sosnowski L. and Slezak D., "How to design a network of comparators," in Brain and Health Informatics, 2013, pp. 389-398.
- Sosnowski L., "Applications of comparators in data processing systems," Technical Transactions, Automatic Control, 2014, to appear.
- Sosnowski L., Pietruszka A., Krasuski A., and Janusz A., "A resemblance based approach for recognition of risks at a fire ground," in Active Media Technology - 10th International Conference, AMT 2014, Warsaw, Poland, August 11-14, 2014. Proceedings, 2014, pp. 559-570.
- Staab A. and Maedche A., "Knowledge Portals: Ontologies at Work," AI Magazine, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 63-75, 2001.
- Szczuka M. S. and Slezak D., "Feedforward neural networks for compound signals." Theor. Comput. Sci., vol. 412, no. 42, pp. 5960-5973, 2011.
- Tversky A. and Shafir E., Preference, Belief, and Similarity: Selected Writings, ser. Bradford books. MIT Press, 2004.
- Whitley D., "A genetic algorithm tutorial," Statistics and Computing, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 65-85, Jun. 1994.
- Wozniak M. and Jackowski K., "Some remarks on chosen methods of classifier fusion based on weighted voting." in HAIS, ser. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, E. Corchado, X. Wu, E. Oja, Ã. Herrero, and B. Baruque, Eds., vol. 5572. Springer, 2009, pp. 541-548.
- Wozniak M., Graña M., and Corchado E., "A survey of multiple classifier systems as hybrid systems," Inf. Fusion, vol. 16, pp. 3-17, Mar. 2014.