An infrastructure for efficient reporting workflow in grid based teleradiology architectures using Relation Based Semantic Matching and Integer Linear Programming
This paper proposes an infrastructure with a global workflow management algorithm in order to interconnect facilities and reporting units on a single access interface, decrease the access time of medical images and increase the efficiency of the reporting process. The inspection and radiologist attributes extracted by Grid Agent are modelled using a hierarchical ontology structure based on Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine (DICOM) Conformance and DICOM Content Mapping Resource and World Health Organization (WHO) definitions. Attribute preferences rated by radiologists and technical experts or inferred by references are formed into reciprocal matrixes. Weights for entities are calculated utilizing Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP). The assignment alternatives are processed by relation-based semantic matching (RBSM) and Integer Linear Programming (ILP). The results are evaluated based on turnaround time, workload and report quality and compared with the outcomes obtained by applying Round Robin, Shortest Queue and Random distribution policies.(original abstract)
- Benjamin M., Aradi Y., Shreiber R., "From shared data to sharing work-flow: Merging PACS and teleradiology," Europian Journal of Radiology, vol. 73, 2010, pp. 3-9, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ejrad.2009.10.014.
- Branstetter B.F., "Basics of Imaging Informatics: Part 2," Radiology, vol. 244, 2007, pp. 78-84, http://dx.doi.org/10.1148/radiol.2441060995.
- Cheng W.K., Ooi B.Y., Chan H.Y., "Resource federation in grid using automated intelligent agent negotiation," Future Generation Computer Systems, vol. 26, 2010, pp. 1116-1126, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.future.2010.05.012.
- Colucci S., et al, "A Formal Approach to Ontology-Based Semantic Match of Skill Descriptions," Journal of Universal Computer Science, vol. (9)12, 2003, pp. 1437-1454, http://dx.doi.org/10.3217/jucs-009-12-1437.
- Eduard M., et al, "Association between Radiologists' Experience and Accuracy in Interpreting Screening Mammograms," BMC Health Services Res., vol. (8)91, 2008, pp. 1-10, http://dx.doi.org/10.1186/1472-6963-8-91.
- Hohmann J., et al, "Quality assessment of out sourced after-hours computed tomography reports in Central London University Hospital," Europian Journal of Radiology, vol. 81, 2012, pp. e875-e879, http: //dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ejrad.2012.04.013.
- Huang Z., Aalst W.M.P., Lu X., Duan H., "Reinforcement learning based resource allocation in business process management," Data and Knowledge Engineering, vol. 70, 2011, pp. 127-145, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.datak.2010.09.002.
- Huang Z., Lu. X., Duan H., "Mining association rules to support resource allocation in business process management," Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 38, 2011, pp. 9483-9490, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2011.01.146.
- Liu Y., Wang J., Yang Y., Sun J., "A semi-automatic approach for workflow staff assignment," Computers in Industry, vol. 59, 2008, pp. 463-476, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.compind.2007.12.002.
- Miglioretti D.L.,et al, "Radiologist Characteristics Associated With Interpretive Performance of Diagnostic Mammography," Journal of National Cancer Inst, vol. (99)24, 2007, pp. 1854-1863, http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/jnci/djm238.
- Performance Point Documentation (SUT), Turkish Ministry of Health, http://www.istanbulsaglik.gov.tr/w/sb/imis/pdf/ek_8.pdf.
- Yang C.T., Chen C.H., Yang M.F., "Implementation of a medical image file accessing system in co-allocation data grids," Future Generation Computer Systems, vol. 26, 2010, pp. 1127-1140, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.future.2010.05.013.
- Yang C.T., Yang M.F., Chiang W.C., "Enhancement of anticipative recursively adjusting mechanism for redundant file transfer in data grids," Journal of Network and Computer Applications, vol. 32, 2009, pp. 834-845, http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/ICPADS.2008.48.