The Mothers' Index as an Indicator of Demographic Security
The Mothers' Index was developed in 1998 and has been in use for ranking countries since 2000. The author advocates that this indicator should not only be used for cross-country analysis of maternal and child health but also as be part of the demographic indicators of national security in Belarus. A grouping of more developed countries in terms of the Mothers' Index is proposed. The Mothers', the Women's and the Children's Indices from 2007 to 2009 are calculated for Belarus, the post-Soviet countries and some EU countries. (original abstract)
- ANOKHIN, L.V. (1995): Infertility in Marriage: medico-social aspects. Ryazan State Medical University, 130.
- BARABANOV, L.G. (2004): Modern principles of organization of medical care for patients with sexually transmitted infections. Medicine, 3, 14-16.
- Law of the Republic of Belarus "On the demographic security of Belarus". January 4, 2002, N.80.
- Save the Children (2003-2011). State of the World's Mothers int. report. NY:
- Women and men in the Republic of Belarus: statistical book (2010): Minsk: National Statistical Committee of the Republic of Belarus 2010, 205.