Sustainable Cost Reductions for Community Hospitals
Reducing operating costs and improving quality of care is important for community hospitals. Efforts to reduce costs have intensified and health care leaders are searching for ideas to implement new cost saving initiatives. This presentation will identify cost saving strategies in community hospitals and also explore how to make these efforts sustainable. Historical efforts are discussed along with new strategies for cost reduction, uncovering cost saving opportunities, promoting accountability and insuring sustainability of results.(original abstract)
- T. Marmor, J. Oberlander, J. White, The Obama administration's options for health care cost control: Hope versus reality." Annals of Internal Medicine, 150(7), 485-489. www.pubmed.com Weinberg Memorial Library Scranton, PA, April 7, 2009.
- S.R. Eastaugh, Specialization and hospital costs: Benefits of trimming product lines, "Journal of health Care Finance" 2006, 32 (4), 29, www.pubmed.com Weinberg Memorial Library Scranton, PA.
- M.W. Stanton, Reducing costs in the health care system: Learning from what has been done, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Issue 9, 3. Weinberg Memorial Library Scranton, PA, September 2002.
- Y.P. Gupta, Emerging productivity and cost control in the hospital industry, "National Productivity Review" 1991, 10(3), 351, www.proquest.com Weinberg Memorial Library Scranton.
- A. Gupta, Cost containment in hospitals, "Express Healthcare Management" 2005, nr 1(1), 15, www.proquest.com Weinberg Memorial Library Scranton.
- J.H. Evans, Y. Hwang, N.J. Nagarajan, Management control and hospital cost reduction: additional evidence, "Journal of Accounting and Public Policy" 2001, 20(3), 73-88. www.proquest.com Weinberg Memorial Library Scranton.
- R.T. Yokl, Choosing cost reductions strategies for 2009, "Saving Beyond Price", E.D 9, 2009.
- American Society for healthcare Engineering, (ASHE 2003), Healthcare Energy Guide book, Weinberg Memorial Library Scranton, PA. May, 2010.