Image Hashing Secured With Chaotic Sequences
This paper presents an image hashing algorithm using robust features from jointed frequency domains. Extracted features are enciphered using a secure chaotic system. The proposed hashing scheme is robust to JPEG compression with low quality factors. This scheme also withstands several image processing attacks such us filtering, noise addition and some geometric transforms. All attacks were conducted using Checkmark benchmark. A detailed analysis was conducted on a set of 3000 color and gray images from three different image databases. The security of the method is assured by the robustness of the chaotic PRNG and the secrecy of the cryptographic key.(original abstract)
- Bas P., Filler T. and Pevny T., "Break our steganographic system - the ins and outs of organizing BOSS," in Proc. of Information Hiding Conference, Prague, 2011, doi: 10.1007/978-3-642-24178-9_5.
- Fridrich J. and Goljan M., "Robust hash functions for digital watermarking," in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Information Technology: Coding Computing, pp. 178-183, 2000.
- Furon T. and Bas P., "Broken arrows," EURASIP Journal on Information Security, 2008, doi:10.1155/2008/597040.
- Guo X. X. and Dimitrios H., "Content based image via wavelet and radon transform," in Proc. Of the 8th Pacific Rim Conference on Multimedia, Hongkong, China, vol. 4810, pp. 755-764, 2007, doi 10.1109/ICIEA.2007.4318736.
- Kozat S. S., Mihcak K., and Venkatesan R., "Robust perceptual image hashing via matrix invariances," Proc. IEEE Conf. on Image Processing, pp. 3443-3446, 2004, doi: 10.1109/ICIP.2004.1421855.
- Lv X. and Wang Z. J., "Fast Johnson-Lindenstrauss Transform for Robust and Secure Image Hashing," Proc. of the IEEE 10th Workshop on Multimedia Signal Processing (MMSP), pp: 725-729, 2008, doi:10.1109/MMSP.2008.4665170.
- Mihcak M. K. and Venkatesan R., "New iterative geometric methods for robust perceptual image hashing," in Proc. ACM Workshop Security and Privacy in Digital Rights Management, Philadelphia, 2005, doi: 10.1007/3-540-47870-1_2.
- Monga V. and Evans B., "Robust perceptual image hashing using feature points," in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Image Processing, Singapore, pp. 677-680, 2004, doi: 10.1109/ICIP.2004.1418845.
- Pereira S., Voloshynovskiy S., Madueno M., Marchand-Maillet S. and Pun T., "Second generation benchmarking and application oriented evaluation," in Information Hiding Workshop, Pitsburgh, PA, USA, 2001.
- Schaefer G. and Stich M., "Ucid - An uncompressed colour image database," in Proc. SPIE, Storage and Retreval Methods and Applications for Multimedia, pp. 472-480, San Jose, U.K, 2004.
- Swaminathan A., Mao Y. and Wu M., "Image hashing resilient to geometric and filtering operations," in Proc. IEEE Workshop on Multimedia Signal Processing, Siena, Italy, Sep. 2004, doi: 10.1109/MMSP.2004.1436566.
- Vlad A., Luca A., Hodea O. and Tataru R., "Generating chaotic secure sequences using tent map and a running-key approach," in Proc. of The Romanian Academy, Series A, vol. 14, pp. 292-302, 2013.
- Weng L. and Preneel B., "A secure perceptual hash algorithm for image content authentication," in Proc. Of IEEE International Conference on Signal Processing and Communications, pp. 1063-1066, 2007.
- Yu F. -X., Lei Y. -Q., Wang Y. -G. and Lu Z. -M., "Robust image hashing based on invariance of DCT coefficients," JIH-MSP 2010, vol.1, pp.286-291.