Management of Companies in Conditions of Eastern Europe Countries and Russia - Barriers and Challenges
Zarządzanie przedsiębiorstwami w warunkach Wschodniej Europy i Rosji - przeszkody i wyzwania
Barriers to Czech businesses operating internationally mainly include a lack of knowledge and technical background regarding the environment the countries where a business interest exists. This mainly requires the ability to handle conditions of inter-cultural management. The aim of this article is to define the theoretical basis of the culturological concept of a company, to draw attention to certain basic differences in approaches of countries of Eastern Europe and Russia, which seem to be common for Czech entrepreneurs to realize business contacts. The methodology of resolution is founded on background research of key theoretical sources and practical experience and outputs gained within the framework of international contacts with these countries. The research and conclusions relate to resolution of a project resolved through the program "Human Resources Development" with the priority "Development of Life-long Learning", the aim of which is to increase qualification of academic and research workers in the area of business management, and to consequently introduce this information into practice.(original abstract)
- Hofstede G. (1983). National Cultures in Four Dimensions. A research-based Theory of Cultural Differences among Nations. International Studies of Management 13 (1/2): 46-74.
- Hofstede G. (1985). The interaction between national and organizational value systems. Journal of Management Studies 22 (6): 348-357.
- Nový I. (1996). Interkulturální management. Praha: Praha Grada Publishing.
- Schein E.H. (1988). Process consultation: its role in organization development. Boston:, Addison-Wesley Series.
- Schein E.H. (1996). Three cultures of management: The key to Organizational Learning. Sloan Management Review 36 (1): 9-20.
- Schein E.H. (2004). Organizational Culture and Leadership. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Wikipedia. Východní Evropa. http://cs.wikipedia.org/wiki/V%C3%BDchodn%C3%AD_Evropa (access: 2013.02.02)..