A Performance Evaluation System for Agricultural Services in Agricultural Supply Chain
The aim of this paper is comparing all possible scenarios to improve the performance of agricultural supply chain (ASC). For this purpose, at first all scenarios is discussed and the main constraints, i.e. available budget and time, is considered. In this study the drivers to improve the performance of ASC is select and distribute the best agricultural service packages in the target ASC. All discussed scenarios need a selection procedure. So a multilevel approach is developed to select the best service package for each scenario. All selection methods are based on performance measurement which had been selected in first level of the approach. Fuzzy decision making and Analytic Hierarchy Process have been used for the approach. A numerical example is solved at the end of the paper to show the capability of the approach and comparing the scenarios. (original abstract)
-  Bijman W.J.J., Essays on agricultural co-operatives: governance structure in fruit and vegatables chains, Rotterdam, Proefschrift, 2002.
-  Aramyan C. et al., Performance indicators in agrifood production chains, in Quantifying the Agri-Food Supply Chain, Springer, 49-66, 2006.
-  Graham M. et al., Creating Value and Sustainability in Agricultural Supply chain, Thesis in MIT Sloan School of Management, 2012.
-  Akkerman R., Farahani P., Grunow M., Quality, safety and sustainability in food distribution: a review of quantitative operations management approaches and challenges, OR Spectrum, 32, 863-904, 2010.
-  Chuang S.-P., Assessing and improving the green performance using a compound approach, Flexobible Service and Manufacturing Journal, 26, 69-91, 2014.
-  Yang C.L., Improving supplier performance using a comprehensive scheme, Production Planning and Control, 21 (7), 653-663, 2010.
-  Manzini R., Accorsi R., The new conceptual framework for food supply chain assessment, Journal of Food Engineering, 115, 251-263, 2013.
-  Joshi R. et al., Performance improvement of cold chain in an emerging economy, Production Planning and Control, 23 (10-11), 817-836, 2012.
-  Gunasekaran A., Patel C., McGaughey R.E., A framework for supply chain performance measurement, International Journal of Production Economics, 87 (3), 337-347, 2004.
-  Mapes J., New C., Szwejczewski M., Performance trade-offs in manufacturing plants, International journal of Operations and Production Management, 17 (10), 1020-1033, 1997.
-  Bigliardi B., Bottani E., Performance measurement in the food supply chain: a balanced scorecard approach, Facilities, 28 (5 -6), 249-260, 2010.
-  Bhagwat R., Sharma M.K., Performance measurement of supply chain management: A balanced scorecard approach, Computers and Industrial Engineering, 53, 43-62, 2007.
-  Grover S., Agrawal V.P., Khan I.A., Role of human factors in TQM: a graph theoretic approach, Benchmarking: An International Journal, 13 (4), 447-468, 2006.
-  Uysal F., An integrated model for sustainable performance measurement in supply chain, Procedia, 62, 689-694, 2012.